Photo

Book Club 2010

• Please log in to reply
235 replies to this topic

#121 Birdie07

Birdie07
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:06 PM

Drum Roll Please!!!!!! I was missing one suggestion but decided they can have an out this time! So I generated a random number and the number was 5! That was Canadiansandy and her book choice was.......

Sarah's Key by Tatiana De Rosnay

I have actually read this one and must say it's one of my favorite books! Very good choice for discussion! This book is in paperback (big plus) and can be found on Amazon for five bucks!! I cannot wait to read this again!! Truly good book. Since the day to rdiscuss Room is October 12th the day to discuss Sarah's Key will be November 12th. Happy Reading!!

#122 TonyandTricia

TonyandTricia
    • 426 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:15 PM

You guys will love The Help. It's one of my favorites! Also, glad to hear that Sarah's Key is the next book!! I just bought it this weekend at Costco! Still have to finish Pride and Prejudice for my other book club and then I'll start on Room. Looking forward to it!

#123 Crystalballl

Crystalballl
      • 406 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 05:24 AM

Just ordered Sarah's Key, I was actually reading up on that book yesterday.  And I also ordered The Help...since everyone keeps talking about it LOL

#124 Canadiansandy

Canadiansandy
        • 355 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 05:29 AM

Yay! I'm really excited to finally start reading this book, I've been eyeing it for a long time! :)

Sandy & Aaron ~ May 4, 2011 ~ Dreams Palm Beach, Punta Cana ------ Bride & Groom + 30 booked! (and counting)

#125 Geralyn

Geralyn
          • 2,677 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:08 AM

Just added it to my library list!

#126 BachataBride

BachataBride
            • Banned
            • 9,310 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 10:13 AM

Just wondering - is there anyone that hasn't read Room yet?? I'm just thinking that if we have all read it, then we could discuss it earlier??

At the rate we are going picking books we will be finished them all in 3mths & have to re-read them before the discussions! lol

#127 Birdie07

Birdie07
              • 1,218 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 10:50 AM

I know Tricia hasn't. I am totally for discussing sooner. But I don't want to rush anyone either. If everyone is done we could open the floor for discussing.

#128 BachataBride

BachataBride
                • Banned
                • 9,310 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:09 AM

Absolutely Calia...I don't want to rush anyone either!

#129 Oryx

Oryx
                  • 727 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 03:15 PM

The Help was my book club suggestion and I'm in the middle of reading it now!  I haven't started Room yet because we still have a couple of weeks and I wanted it to be fresh in my mind...

#130 Geralyn

Geralyn
                    • 2,677 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 04:09 PM

Yea I think I'm going to wait until it's closer to the deadline for the next book so it'll be fresh in my mind

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users