Photo

Beaches T&C hair and makeup @ the spa...

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 barefootidos

barefootidos
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 12:59 PM

Hi,

There are a few threads out there about this, but I can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for.  I was wondering if anyone has had their hair and makeup done at the spa @ Beaches.  Were you satisfied?  Did you have amazing results?  Everyone has raved about Sheque Perfection, but she's very expensive.  Not sure what to do... Opinions/suggestions please!

We say "I do" in Turks & Caicos 7.29.11

#2 mistibuard

mistibuard
    • 444 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 01:58 PM

Barefootidos,

This is something that I found myself struggling with as well. However, I had a friend who was married at the Sandals in Negril, and before the wedding she went to Sephora, MAC and some other place and asked them to do her make-up as if it were her wedding day. She explained that she was having a destination wedding. So all three places showed her how to apply the make-up correctly. Of course she had to purchase some of their products- she practiced for months, and by the time wedding arrived she'd accomplished the task at hand!

I hope this helps...or gives you some other ideas.

**Beaches Turks & Caicos- March 12, 2011**

#3 LaurenMarie

LaurenMarie
      • 86 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 04:49 PM

Hello!  I am getting married at Beaches T&C on May 21, 2011 and I have been wondering the same thing.  I am thinking about just doing it myself.  I would be REALLY disappointed if I paid for them to do my hair and makeup, just for it to look bad and then not have enough time to fix it.  So, I am thinking about watching some videos on YouTube about how to apply makeup for your wedding day (and the same with bridal hairstyles).  Kind of a "hair and make-up tutorial" online!  I haven't searched for videos yet, but you can find almost ANYTHING on Youtube!

Mistibuard had a great idea, too!  Those ladies that work at the make-up counters seem to really know their stuff!!  :-)

#4 jerri-lee

jerri-lee
        • 21 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 06:36 AM

Hi ladies!

I got married in May this year at beaches and I did have them do my hair and makeup. I had no problem with the hair but you need to tell them what you want exactly and they will do it, i loved my hair! I have long straight hair and wanted it to one side and soft and wavy, it came out exactly how i wanted it. the makeup was not bad at all but heavier than i like,  i tended to want to fix it more to what i am used to when i got back. i tend to do that whenever i have my makeup done anywhere though!

#5 LaurenMarie

LaurenMarie
          • 86 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 02:14 PM

Ha-ha!  I am the same way!  I do NOT wear a lot of make-up at all. If I get my make-up done at the resort, I am sure I'll have to adjust it to my liking before the wedding, which is fine!  I'm glad the hairstylist was able to do you exactly what you wanted.  Now I just have to decide what style I want...decisions, decisions...  :-)

#6 barefootidos

barefootidos
            • 52 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:39 AM

oh good!  thanks jerri-lee!  that makes me feel better... if i have to adjust makeup a little, that's not a big deal.  glad to hear your hair was to your liking also!  thanks for your input!

We say "I do" in Turks & Caicos 7.29.11

#7 Lizzdee

Lizzdee
              • 396 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by jerri-lee 

Hi ladies!

I got married in May this year at beaches and I did have them do my hair and makeup. I had no problem with the hair but you need to tell them what you want exactly and they will do it, i loved my hair! I have long straight hair and wanted it to one side and soft and wavy, it came out exactly how i wanted it. the makeup was not bad at all but heavier than i like,  i tended to want to fix it more to what i am used to when i got back. i tend to do that whenever i have my makeup done anywhere though!

Hey Jerri-lee!

I adore your dress!!!! Who was it by? I have been searching the net for cute tea length dresses but nothing has caught my eye!!!

#8 jerri-lee

jerri-lee
                • 21 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:22 AM

HI Liz! thank you! it is by oleg cassani, it was actually from david's bridal! never thought i would go that route but it was! I had my seamstress sew in a satin black sash behind the flower.

#9 LaurenMarie

LaurenMarie
                  • 86 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:01 PM

I got my dress at David's Bridal, too!   And it was the LAST place I thought I'd buy a dress!  But they have such a huge selection, it's hard to not at least stop in and look! :)

#10 Lizzdee

Lizzdee
                    • 396 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:19 PM

I never thought i would go there either...but then i think about how a less expensive dress means more days in paradise, it starting to seem more appealing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users