Sign in to follow this  
t1219

Pashminas - Pioneer Group

This is what I am going to do, but I was thinking about going to Canal St.

Originally Posted by Ravywedding View Post

Girls! If you are in NYC, head to the wholesale district and avoid shipping costs. I just got back and picked up 2 dozen sunglasses for the guys. They were $10-$12/dozen and you could get good-quality leather cases. Their inventory is H-U-G-E!! The pashminas were $26/dozen and the summer scarves were $24/dozen. As far as minimum, in-store, you couldn't break a set, so I guess it would be your minimum.

Would definitely recommend to check this place out, good deal!

Don't go to Canal St.  The pashminas are cheaper when you actually go to the Pioneer Group's store in the 20s.  (The address is on their website - I cannot remember where exactly).  The price per pashmina averages around $2.25.  On Canal St. or elsewhere, you can probably negotiate 3 for $10 or so, but not much better than that.

Originally Posted by ohaske View Post

This is what I am going to do, but I was thinking about going to Canal St.

I'm waiting on an email from pioneer group, then I'm ordering. 2 dz pashminas and 1 dz sunglasses (for the guys). I'm so excited to get this done and over with. When they email you, and you ask for a price list, they send one that is so hard to figure out! The pashmina one was okay/understandable... the sunglass one... impossible.

Hi All!

I found out about the pioneer group on a Friday night and emailed them that night to see if they would ship to Canada - at this point I wasn't even thinking about doing pashminas because I wasn't willing to pay like $5-$10 for one. When they emailed me back they were so easy to work with I ordered 2 dozen (even though I might only need 18-20, figured it would be better to have more then not enough) in my wedding color of turquoise. Looking back I should have ordered probably one dozen in turquoise and one dozen in black, but oh well. It came out to about four bucks for one I think, with shipping and tracking and all that jazz, so if you can pick them up or get someone to pick them up it is definetely the better deal, but still a good price and easy people to work with. And while I was a little apprehensive because they didn't respond to my email right away (it was a weekend), once Monday hit they were responding within the hour to every question, etc.

I'm still waiting for them to come in, but the tracking number says it was received into and then cleared by canada customs on Friday, so I'll check it again tomorrow to see where it's at. Very exciting. :) Now I just need a cute little 'to have and to hold' tag to put on them.

For the tags, I actually ordered gift tags from vistprint.com.  I coordinated an ocean/tropical image on the gift tag w/the "to have and to hold" language and used the same image for our welcome letters.  They turned out very nice and were super cheap.  For 50 of each, the total was $27.50 plus tax and shipping.  Here are pics of them (the overside postcard is what I used for the welcome letter.  On the back we wrote a welcome/thank you on one half, and the schedule of events on the other half):

Welcome Card.jpgGift Tag.jpg

Originally Posted by DramaticAnnie View Post

Hi All!

I found out about the pioneer group on a Friday night and emailed them that night to see if they would ship to Canada - at this point I wasn't even thinking about doing pashminas because I wasn't willing to pay like $5-$10 for one. When they emailed me back they were so easy to work with I ordered 2 dozen (even though I might only need 18-20, figured it would be better to have more then not enough) in my wedding color of turquoise. Looking back I should have ordered probably one dozen in turquoise and one dozen in black, but oh well. It came out to about four bucks for one I think, with shipping and tracking and all that jazz, so if you can pick them up or get someone to pick them up it is definetely the better deal, but still a good price and easy people to work with. And while I was a little apprehensive because they didn't respond to my email right away (it was a weekend), once Monday hit they were responding within the hour to every question, etc.

I'm still waiting for them to come in, but the tracking number says it was received into and then cleared by canada customs on Friday, so I'll check it again tomorrow to see where it's at. Very exciting. :) Now I just need a cute little 'to have and to hold' tag to put on them.

Wow awesome idea tweets! Roughly what size is a gift tag? If it's like the same size as a business card I don't see why ordering their free business cards wouldn't work.. :)

I just had to share, I got my pashmina's today in the mail, I am a Canadian bride to be and they were very helpful, I did pay a bunch for shipping but even with shipping they're cheaper then what I would have found around here.. and I must say I LOVE THEM!

The quality is so soft and awesome, you know some of the pashmina's and wraps they sell these days, they're not real pashmina, or whatever, but these ones are so soft and luxurious feeling, I love them, my guests are going to think I spent way more then what I did on them! And they have them in so many colors, the turquoise ones I picked out (my wedding color) are the exact bright shade I was hoping they would be, and again they're so soft and can easily be used as a wrap, or a scarf (because it does get way cold up here in the winter) and its soft enough on your neck to keep on all day, yayyyyyy what a great buy! Atta be, pioneer group ;)

And by next year I will have reached my post thingy so i can open templates and will print the cute little "to have and to hold, in case you get cold" tag thingies or whatever it is they say :D

I went to the Pioneer Group store today and they had so much to choose from.  The quality seems to be pretty good.