Photo

Anyone get this spam type message in their email? It says they found me on this forum!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 AlexsBride

AlexsBride
  • 401 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:16 PM

I got a message from this person named Dora Kanto, email address is fetea_mendy20@yahoo.co.in and it said this:

HELLO MY DEAR.NICE MEETING YOU.
    HOW ARE YOU OVER THERE IN YOUR COUNTRY HOPE FINE.GLORY BE TO GOD.
    MY NAME IS MISS DORA.
    I SAW YOUR POST WHEN I WAS BROWSING IN (www.bestdestinationwedding.com) AND I AM INTERESTED IN MAKING FRIEND WITH YOU.FOR MORE INTRODUCTION PLEASE REPLY ME THROUGH MY EMAIL ADDRESS AND I WILL SEND YOU MY PICTURE FOR YOU TO KNOW WHAT I LOOK LIKE. HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU WITH LOTS OF LOVE.

Has anyone else gotten an email like this? To the forum host, how did my email address get known to this person?

Mom to two beautiful girls, Izzy and Delilah and about to marry their Daddy! :)

#2 skadow

skadow
    • Banned
    • 1,853 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:17 PM

I got this too. I did post my email on a ASP Riveria Maya forum about a week ago.

#3 AlexsBride

AlexsBride
      • 401 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:25 PM

I don't think I have posted my email anywhere, except for when I signed up for the forum, which is not public. So I am a little concerned because I don't want any hackers to get my email address and start harassing everyone in my address book!

Mom to two beautiful girls, Izzy and Delilah and about to marry their Daddy! :)

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:59 PM

i got it also but my email is posted on the forum...

so far, it has been sent to people with their emails posted but i don't know what email yours was sent to so i can't check on it...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 SonyaR

SonyaR
        • 299 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:37 AM

Yeah, I got it too in my spam. I hate people who do this.

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:42 AM

its mainly from people who post asking for downloads/pics to be emailed to them or those in the buy/sell forum...instead of using the pm system, they will post their email address.

another thread here: http://www.bestdesti.../miss-dora-spam

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by AlexsBride 

I don't think I have posted my email anywhere, except for when I signed up for the forum, which is not public. So I am a little concerned because I don't want any hackers to get my email address and start harassing everyone in my address book!

not true...you did post your email in one of the buy/sell threads.

Awards and recognition: 

#8 Parfait

Parfait
          • Banned
          • 16 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:59 AM

Yes i got this also.... deleted it as soon as i read it.

#9 cwelch

cwelch
            • 115 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:10 AM

Yes i recieved this too.. like everyday now it seams!! sooo annoying. I do post my email address though in the buy/sell forum for people to contact me since i check my personal email more often

#10 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:23 PM

if you post your email on the internet, you can't be too surprised to get people stealing it!  instead i'd suggest just setting your profile to get an email when you get a PM, that way you don't have to post your email address on the forum..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users