summafool1
  • 223 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:48 PM

love them!

#142 sharlie

sharlie
    • 261 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:06 PM

love it! I might do this for their welcome booklet instead. LOve it thanks for the link too

Negril, Jamaica
      6/29/11
      24 booked =)
      Can't wait til the big day!

#143 babypepe01

babypepe01
      • Site Supporter
      • 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:54 AM

Hi, thanks for the advice, i purchased a corner cutter and it has made things soooo much easier, ur invites have been a great inspiration.

Thank you!!

x

#144 jszy10

jszy10
        • 1,192 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:01 AM

Thanks SO much!  I can't wait to see yours when they are finished!!

Originally Posted by sxcT 

Just starting to work on my invites.  I was playing around with the free template but I went ahead and purchased the advaned one and I'm waiting to get it sent to me.  I have seen so many passport invites on here but I love yours and I plan on copying almost all of it.  Thanks again for being so helpful and posting all the great info and details.  You are awesome!!!

#145 Bride2B22

Bride2B22
          • 677 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:09 AM

Hey ladies! for those of you who wanted to know about using stapples or glue to put the passports together......I was going to try glue but found that the inside pages were not really sticking to the outside cover and was affraid that after my guests had them for a while that they would come apart! so i used stapples and they came out pretty nice!

http://www.bestdesti...assport-invites

Jszy10- i have no idea where you got the patience to glue them all and actually get them to work seemlessly! great job!

#146 jszy10

jszy10
            • 1,192 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:29 AM

I have NO idea where I got the patience either...I actually had to redo a few of them because of how bad the pages stuck to either each other or the cover  :oP 

Jszy10- i have no idea where you got the patience to glue them all and actually get them to work seemlessly! great job!

#147 BridetwoBe

BridetwoBe
              • 359 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:15 PM

Jaz when you redid them did you decide to staple? What do you mean the pages were sticking to the cover? What about adhesive tape vs. glue? Has anyone tried that? But you still used glue to cover the inside pages...do you mean you had to staple the in the middle to get the cover bound to the inside pages, but still had to glue the inside pages back to back?

Thanks,

You invites are definately inspirational and you are very helpful!!!!

#148 jszy10

jszy10
                • 1,192 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:33 PM

When I redid some of them I still used the glue.  I used a special craft/scrapbooking glue pen to glue my pages together.  When I glued the pages together and then to the cover, they sometimes stuck together because you are putting glue on the seem and then pressing the pages down.  When you put two things together some of the glue spreads, so when you leave them to dry things end up sticking together.  I hope that makes sense. 

Originally Posted by BridetwoBe 

Jaz when you redid them did you decide to staple? What do you mean the pages were sticking to the cover? What about adhesive tape vs. glue? Has anyone tried that? But you still used glue to cover the inside pages...do you mean you had to staple the in the middle to get the cover bound to the inside pages, but still had to glue the inside pages back to back?

Thanks,

You invites are definately inspirational and you are very helpful!!!!

#149 sharlie

sharlie
                  • 261 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 04:45 PM

I have patience now too =)

Negril, Jamaica
                    6/29/11
                    24 booked =)
                    Can't wait til the big day!

#150 deesanders33

deesanders33
                    • 329 posts