Photo

Brazilian Blowout or Keratin Complex Hair Treatment?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#11 want2gosouth

want2gosouth
  • 155 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:34 AM

My sister in law just had the BB done and I am so envious!!! Her haid feels and looks fantastic...if only I had $300 lying around to get it done on me!

#12 JaimeCF2BR

JaimeCF2BR
    • 408 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 10:23 AM

All I've heard are great things about the BB so far!  It just seems there would have to be something negative?!?!  Well, I guess thats the price!!

Sounds like I'll have to test it out!  It will probably be about 4 weeks from now, but I'll definitely let you girls know how it turns out.

#13 cogswellgray

cogswellgray
      • 330 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:31 AM

Hi Ladies!

I'm a hairstylist and we are CONSTANTLY doing Brazilian Blowouts in our salon because of its diversity!All hair textures have different degree of relaxation of the curl but all results are smooth completely frizz free which is PERFECT for a destination wedding. I have semi-wavy hair, that just tends to POOF when I blowdry it so it requires a flat iron...when I got the brazilian blowout all i had to do was round brush the top because it did get too flat but thats a WHOOOLE lot easier than having to do the entire thing and flat iron as well! . I would actually recommend getting it done about 1 month before your wedding and after your haircolor as well because it will hold your hair color in longer as well and protect it from sun damage and fading.

#14 Valentine_Baby

Valentine_Baby
        • 452 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:40 AM

Does anyone know the name of the one where you go and get your hair 'permanently' straightened?

#15 Valentine_Baby

Valentine_Baby
          • 452 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:42 AM

or maybe i'm having a really off day and didn't realize that Keratin Treatment was the straightening? LOL

#16 cogswellgray

cogswellgray
            • 330 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Valentine_Baby 

or maybe i'm having a really off day and didn't realize that Keratin Treatment was the straightening? LOL

these keratin treatments will not permantly straighten your hair.

they last about 2-6 months (depending on the brand, & washing/coloring)

they will straighten your hair to a certain degree depending on your degree of curl, so even if your hair doesn't straighten completly it makes it soo much easier to do so, w/out the frizz and possible rivertion when you get in humidty.

If you want PERMANENT straightening i recommend a relaxer or Yuko japanese straightening, but beware or coloring your hair afterwards because it causes a considerable amount of damage.

#17 JaimeCF2BR

JaimeCF2BR
              • 408 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by cogswellgray 

Hi Ladies!

I'm a hairstylist and we are CONSTANTLY doing Brazilian Blowouts in our salon because of its diversity!All hair textures have different degree of relaxation of the curl but all results are smooth completely frizz free which is PERFECT for a destination wedding. I have semi-wavy hair, that just tends to POOF when I blowdry it so it requires a flat iron...when I got the brazilian blowout all i had to do was round brush the top because it did get too flat but thats a WHOOOLE lot easier than having to do the entire thing and flat iron as well! . I would actually recommend getting it done about 1 month before your wedding and after your haircolor as well because it will hold your hair color in longer as well and protect it from sun damage and fading.

Jennifer, Thank you so much for the info!  It feels much better hearing this from a hairstylist other than mine, NOT trying to get my money :).  Have you done a BB on fine hair yet?  Are there any additional tips I should make sure my hairstylist should know to do?  Or is it pretty much the same procedure for all hair types?  My hair is already pretty flat at the top, so I can't imagine it could get any flatter??  I just want to get rid of any frizz.

Thank you again for sharing your expertise!

Jaime

#18 rosieposie

rosieposie
                • 649 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:25 AM

thanks!
                  that's great to know because my hair does get quite frizzy in humid conditions but i don't want it "straight straight" just more manageable.

Originally Posted by cogswellgray 

these keratin treatments will not permantly straighten your hair.

they last about 2-6 months (depending on the brand, & washing/coloring)

they will straighten your hair to a certain degree depending on your degree of curl, so even if your hair doesn't straighten completly it makes it soo much easier to do so, w/out the frizz and possible rivertion when you get in humidty.

If you want PERMANENT straightening i recommend a relaxer or Yuko japanese straightening, but beware or coloring your hair afterwards because it causes a considerable amount of damage.

#19 rosieposie

rosieposie
                  • 649 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:29 AM

Wholey moley! look at the health warning in the news around here the Brazilian Blowout, just came out yesterday.
                    http://www.ctvbc.ctv...ishColumbiaHome

I haven't found anything on the Keratin Complex, but now am weary......must look into further....

#20 Thomasjsgirl

Thomasjsgirl
                    • 1,098 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 11:19 AM

That's horrible!!!

Lucy & Tom - Married 24.11.08
                      Wedding Review - Dreams PC:
                      http://bestdestinati....24-08-a-35102/
                      Leftover Wedding Items FS:
                      http://bestdestinati....g-stuff-56124/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users