Cold in Cabo--February?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 LeeLee

LeeLee
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:31 AM

Hi there!

I am curious about the weather in the beginning of February in Cabo.  I was in Cabo two years ago in mid-January and it was pretty brisk at night.  My sweater was my savor!

Our wedding is set for February 1, 2011 and I am nervous about the weather.

I know it will be waaayyy warmer than the tundra we live in--Minnesota.  But I just want to be prepared.  What are your thoughts?

I've done some research and it looks like the average temps are high 70's (probably for the day)....what do you think?

Thanks!

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:48 AM

it is still chilly in feb.  i was there a year and a half ago in mid february and it was brisk at night and some days were too cold to hang out at the pool/go swimming.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 ichimiyuki

ichimiyuki
    • 30 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 02:59 PM

We're from Edmonton AB, Canada and getting married in Cabo February 18, 2011.  We were there last year around the same time and the nights are cool (you should reccommend your guests bring a sweater or a light jacket).

Going into the pool or being on the beach didn't phase us during the day, much like you we have super cold winters and anywhere in Mexico is better than snow!

#4 LeeLee

LeeLee
      • 44 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 05:33 AM

Thanks Tammy! 

Thanks, Ichimiyuki!  My thoughts exactly!  The cold weather has conditioned us!  Its spring/50 degrees in MN and people break out their shorts!  ha!

I am thinking the guys will have suits on--so they'll be good, women pashminas or sweaters, but I just can't imagine covering my gown with a scarf!  Boo!  I'll just have to deal with it...beauty is pain, right?!  Or I can dance the night away and keep my body warm with all the boogy-ing!

Thanks for your help!  Just being able to chat about it and knowing other brides are doing the same makes me feel better!

Cheerio!  Steph

#5 alpear

alpear
        • 15 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:48 AM

We are also getting married in February!  Same day as you, Ichimiyuki, February 18th. Everyone is reallly looking forward to heading to Cabo in the dead of winter.  I am anticipating that the nights will be cooler, but looking forward to sunny days!

#6 ichimiyuki

ichimiyuki
          • 30 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:30 AM

Wow, what are the chances!  What time & where did you choose to get married?

We're booked at the RIU Palace. 

Originally Posted by alpear 

We are also getting married in February!  Same day as you, Ichimiyuki, February 18th. Everyone is reallly looking forward to heading to Cabo in the dead of winter.  I am anticipating that the nights will be cooler, but looking forward to sunny days!

#7 alpear

alpear
            • 15 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 03:23 PM

I know!  we are getting married at Fiesta Americana.  I think our wedding will be around 5pm? How about you?

Originally Posted by ichimiyuki 

Wow, what are the chances!  What time & where did you choose to get married?

We're booked at the RIU Palace. 

#8 ichimiyuki

ichimiyuki
              • 30 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:30 PM

Same time as you, 5pm!  I hear the sun sets around 6:30pm in February, is that what you heard too?

#9 alpear

alpear
                • 15 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:49 PM

yes, I think between 6 and 630....make sure to bring a wrap to keep warm after the sun goes down. how long will you guys be in Cabo? and how is your planning going? only about 6 months now!

#10 ichimiyuki

ichimiyuki
                  • 30 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:23 PM

Plans are nearly complete, everyone is looking forward to the trip :). We have 36 booked + us. How have you been doing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users