Photo

DIY Hair and Makeup?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 lsjhik

lsjhik
  • 157 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 03:00 PM

I'm getting married in December in Sun Valley, ID and NO ONE in the city works on Sundays.  Literally.  I can't even believe they let me book my wedding that day.  So I'm beginning to think that I may be better off doing my own hair and makeup.  Anyone have any advice?  Or should I just bring someone over from Seattle and pay the premium?  Who did their own? Pictures? Would you do it that way again?  THANK YOU!

#2 Mrs.S2B

Mrs.S2B
    • 169 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 06:21 PM

Do you live near a mall?  Many department stores do free make up sessions.  You can try someone out beforehand and just make sure they are working on your wedding day.  To make it worth their while maybe you can buy some of the products....or better yet, maybe they'd be happy to take the day off for the right price!

#3 jszy10

jszy10
      • 1,192 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 06:39 AM

I'm sure with all of your friends/family you can work something out!! Definitely with make-up. Good luck!

#4 lsjhik

lsjhik
        • 157 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 08:14 PM

I personally live near a mall yes, but I'm getting married out of state.  Thanks for the advice though.

#5 Sapphire723

Sapphire723
          • 888 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:36 AM

If you have a sephora's near by, they will give you a how to lesson with a shopping list.  Also, most spas will give you a lesson on how to do your own make up.  And there are tons of YouTubes on DIY wedding hair and makeup.  Just find one that you like!

#6 mistibuard

mistibuard
            • 444 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 01:28 PM

I visited an old college buddy Saturday who was married in Jamaica last November. She went to Sephora, asked a consultant to show her how to do her make-up, and she was able to do a good job on her wedding day!   Of course, she purchased the few products that the Sephora consultant suggested. I plan to do the same thing. Good Luck!
              **Beaches Turks & Caicos- March 12, 2011**

#7 lonz

lonz
              • Banned
              • 33 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:16 AM

There's a makeup artist called LONI JONES in Jamaica. she used to work for NARS... She's really good! She's has a Facebook page too. check it out - She's one of the best in the island apparently!

http://www.facebook....82104940?ref=ts

http://www.facebook....?gid=8739177547

#8 mormac01

mormac01
                • 152 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

Thanks for the advice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users