Photo

Please help! If any of you have seen affordable dresses resembling these anywhere....

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 TheFutureWagners

TheFutureWagners
  • Banned
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:02 AM

Ok so I was poking around online and found these dresses that I became OBSESSED with for my bridesmaid dresses. Of course, they are $350.00 and there is NO WAY that is happening. I am looking to go no higher than like $150 but I'm having a pretty formal wedding for DW standards, reception in a ballroom, 100+ people, etc and I need them to not be cotton or any casual fabric. So here is the dream dress (keep reading after you've drooled)...

La%20Femme%2015583_F_lg.jpg

Hold on, let me take a moment to mourn this too expensive one...

Ok, moving on...

And I found these MORE affordable ones at Jasmine Bridal ($158, still a lot...but doable)

L3021.jpg

Which are still beautiful, but I'm not 100% sold.

Have any of you found anything that looks similar to these (you can tell where I'm going with this...)

The other problem is that I initally told my BM's I would pick a color and fabric and they could pick their own style, and now I feel awful picking one for all of them...

HELP!!! :)

#2 DWBride615

DWBride615
    • 852 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:06 AM

I've definitely seen affordable and similar dresses to those at www[dot]simplydresses[dot]com

I'd, also, suggest looking at some Bari Jay dresses too.

Hope that helps! =]

*~*Chelsea & Eric*~* {{New wedding Date...Same Growing Love}} October 13, 2012 (Rome, Italy)

#3 TheFutureWagners

TheFutureWagners
      • Banned
      • 2,710 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:10 AM

Yes, I will definitely check that out.

I also forgot to add that I told them they would all be in short dresses besides the MOH. (There are 8 of them.) I feel so bad!! :(((

Oh! And Also- do you girls think it is ugly or ridiculous to have them in a print like that (not really a print but you get what I mean...)???

#4 DWBride615

DWBride615
        • 852 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:19 AM

I wouldn't worry about it. Those dresses are beautiful. Besides, they're there for you and it's your wedding. I don't think they would mind wearing a dress you chose.

There are also short dresses similar to those photos on the website. Worth a look.

Also, I reread and saw that you're planning a formal wedding. So am I! esp. considering it's a DW =]

In my opinion, I don't think it's ugly to have a print like that. I think it's pretty and pops out. I know you're having a formal wedding w/ a ballroom reception but what's the location? Is it near the beach or in that kind of area? Either way, I think it's classy enough for a formal event, but also casual enough for other settings. I would go for the second dress's print for a formal though. The first dress's print would be better for the beach setting.

*~*Chelsea & Eric*~* {{New wedding Date...Same Growing Love}} October 13, 2012 (Rome, Italy)

#5 Tropicalbride01

Tropicalbride01
          • 29 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:34 AM

I love them both but i would wear the second one myself

#6 TheFutureWagners

TheFutureWagners
            • Banned
            • 2,710 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:37 AM

Our ceremony and cocktail hour are in the gazebo/terrace on the beach and then we move inside to the resort so yeah, we are def having it near the beach.

And thank you Tropical Bride- it helps so much to know which one people could see themselves wearing! :)

#7 DWBride615

DWBride615
              • 852 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:45 AM

I would wear the second dress too. Love the color combination.

#8 Cindy*

Cindy*
                • 2,655 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:54 AM

FW, I bought the Belsoie one for me because I really loved it and my bms did not want strapless.  It is a really beautiful dress.  I am planning to wear it either for the welcome dinner or the rehearsal dinner.

#9 Cindy*

Cindy*
                  • 2,655 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:55 AM

Oh and I forgot to add that if you got it for $158, that is a great deal.  I paid over $200 for mine.

#10 TheFutureWagners

TheFutureWagners
                    • Banned
                    • 2,710 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:02 PM

Crap now I can't find the site that had it for that price. Ughh I'm such an idiot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users