• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 9,504 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 01:53 PM

Here is the original thread: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t17229

There is no way I could have come up with these on my own. A big thanks to all who posted templates that I was able to merge into the finished product.

Here are my supplies:
    I used white linen 67lb paper for the passes and Metallic Cardstock in Aqua Lagoon for the jackets. Both were from PaperandMore.com

From Michael's I bought the rotary cutter, big palm tree punch, 2 corner punches, brushed nickle rivets, 5 assorted beachy/travel stamps, and 2 Martha Stewart inkpads in Aqua.

My omega ribbon came from Baer's Fabrics, a local store. I bought the whole spool, so everything is getting ribbon!

Our Travel Agent printed up a little flyer with trip details, her contact info, and request for info form at no cost to us that we included in each envelope (not the pass).

I did 3 pages. The first was the announcement page, the second detailed the location, resort, and what was included, and the last page was about our At Home Reception. I put our webite on each page and asked everyone to RSVP to our website. Now, I wish I had done a postcard RSVP. I loved Heidi's mad-libs!

The actual passes were pretty easy. I just basically altered the template to pertain to us and our location. I was having trouble with the clip art in word, so I decided to stamp the designs. I like that it gave them a slightly more weathered look.

I did decide to skip the perforating part. Normally, the ends tear off, but this was just too much work. I also bought the wrong size blade to fit the cutter that I had and I just wanted the project to be done!

The Jacket/Folder things were really easy!
    • I started by folding the cardstock into thirds. There is something called a bone creaser or something that helps you get the lines straight and crisp.
    • I cut the bottom panel at an angle so the pass could show.
    • I then used the corner punch to round all of the outside edges, then opened the jacket to round the inside corners.
    • Finally, I punched the palm tree out of the right side to give the jacket a little more detail. I thought about stamping the outside or adding text, but again I was done crafting at that point. Now I have about 100 little palm tree cut outs that I don't know what to do with.

1) Find any 4 people and start an assembly line! (stamper, cutter, riveter, folder, etc.)
    2) Use the corner-rounder paper punch to save time and make the edges even on the passes.
    3) Because the eye of the rivet was so small I used a needle threader to get the ribbon through.

Here's the final product:

#2 alex

• 1,139 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 05:39 PM

They look amazing!!!
      Thanks for posting pics & step by step!

#3 Bride010101

• 1,547 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 08:56 AM

These are so cute! I love your colors and design!

I borrowed your palm tree stamp idea myself... did you have issues with punching through the cardstock? or was mine just defective?

I ended up adding the palm tree cut out to the envelope we are sending because I had all of them. I can't wait to finish everything and put it all together!

#4 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 9,504 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 07:15 PM

The palm tree was difficult to get out of the cardstock. At one point I was putting the paper on the floor and standing on it to get the punch to work.

On about the last 5, I ran out of cardstock and had to use the metallic text weight paper. This is still heavier than regular paper and was SOOO much easier!

#5 cmmillhorn9

• 35 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 12:23 PM

I LOVE them, where did you get the Palm Tree punch? I looked online at Michaels and Joann's. Did you or your crafy aunt :) purchase it from a scrapbook store? i live in Michigan (your aunt and you should start your own boarding pass STD STORE) :)
            ~Christine 2*9*09

#6 rkodiva

• 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 04:29 PM

These are really amazing. I saw the ink pads at Michaels, but I've not seen the larger palm tree hole punch.

#7 m&d2011

• 379 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 04:52 PM

i love them....looks great

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users