Photo

Do I really need a veil?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 townie princess

townie princess
  • 298 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 11:26 AM

I'm not sure if I need a veil, but I'll use any excuse to go into a bridal shop and browse!

I was going to wear a flower in my hair, but now that I've taken some more detailed pics of my dress, I'm reconsidering that idea.

My sister thought it would be great if I had bought a dress that had a long lace train (not happening with the one I bought), so I started looking at long veils last weekend.

Keep in mind that I will be getting married on the beach, so wind will be a factor.

So I saw this beautiful long veil (6 feet long, I'm only 5 feet tall) with silvery hand embroidery along all edges. I also did not realize how expensive these things are, $225 for this one!!!

I'm still on the veil kick, looking at anything that is ivory and lacy. I did see a really cool one online that is fingertip length, and the edging is all trinity knots (goes well with the e-ring), but they don't offer it in ivory, only white.

http://www.tarabrida....d=295&catid=60

And the search continues...

#2 jajajaja

jajajaja
    • VIP Member
    • 9,794 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:18 PM

Have you checked out occansey.com for their veils? They custom make them. I bought two (!) and sold one. I'm only 5' too and my veil was 65" I believe. I loved it and I'm so glad I decided to get one. It was only $40 and if you decide you don't want one, the price is so great, it's easy to resell.
      Of course, I wore a flower too!
      Happily married since 2008

#3 townie princess

townie princess
      • 298 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 08:17 PM

Thanks for the advice Rachel, I'll have to check it out!

#4 Cali

Cali
        • 281 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 10:02 AM

thx for sharing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users