January 11, 2008

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 12:06 PM

As some of you may recall, awhile back a lady painted a portrait of Max a previous foster dog, well a wonderful group of ladies from BDW got together and purchased that painting for Cain and I.

Well I just got an email today that "Dog a Day" did a portrait of our current foster Elsie, she is the new love of my life, she was a breeding dog of a puppy mill and was born there and had many litters there, when we got her she was affraid of everything, grass, people, our hands, everything.. Well in the 3 months that we have been fostering her she has come so far, she now eats out of our hand, cuddles on our lap, learned to chew on a bone and toys for the first time.. Well I can go on an on how much this little girl and warmed my heart. Well I have been bugging Cain to adopting her but by doing so we wouldn't be able to foster anymore since we are already over our pet limit. Well like I said, I get an email today, Elsie is today's feature pet, and I told Cain since he won't let me keep her we have to get this portrait... I told him it would be my Birthday gift.. Can't wait to add it to my "Dog a Day" collection..

Here it is...

#2 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 12:19 PM

awwww - that way little Elsie can ALWAYS be with you. i know what you mean about wanting to adopt your fosters. the organization i worked with hated when their foster parents adopted, because then they often wouldn't foster anymore, or at least not as much. you're helping Elsie so much - she's a lucky girl!

#3 ~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,680 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
      • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
      • LocationUtah

Posted 11 January 2008 - 07:50 PM

That is adorable! She has an amazing talent and I love the fact that you're going to be getting this one as well. It's one of those gifts that you just can't top!

#4 Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,047 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
      • LocationToronto

Posted 13 March 2008 - 05:35 PM

The painting is beautiful as is Elise!

#5 Saraha

• 2,597 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 06:05 PM

How sweet, she looks like an adorable pup!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users