Photo

RIU OCHO RIOS REVIEW - our July 20, 2010 wedding and our stay at the resort *PHOTOS**

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#41 CosmicGirl

CosmicGirl
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 03:14 PM

Your pictures make me really excited!  I have 6 months to go, but I think it will go quick!

Thanks for all the info... I have one question, not sure if you can answer it...  I see you had a steel drum band, but if you don't go with that option, do you know if you can have music (i.e CD, iPod) for the ceremony at all?

#42 Sheree10

Sheree10
    • 1,026 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 08:20 AM

Congrat Mrs! Everything looked beautiful.

http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#43 orionandmari072510

orionandmari072510
      • 225 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:08 AM

That is definitely gorgeous! love the set up and the flowers!!!!!

#44 JesseLyn10

JesseLyn10
        • 188 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by CosmicGirl 

Your pictures make me really excited!  I have 6 months to go, but I think it will go quick!

Thanks for all the info... I have one question, not sure if you can answer it...  I see you had a steel drum band, but if you don't go with that option, do you know if you can have music (i.e CD, iPod) for the ceremony at all?

I did see a wedding that was a few days before mine that had speakers set up to provide ceremony music.  I believe that they can accommodate cds and ipods.  I would even bring both with the songs you want to play as I did because we found out when we were there that our cds weren't compatible with their cd players - thankfully friends of mine had the songs on their ipod!

6 months will fly by!  congratulations!!!

#45 JesseLyn10

JesseLyn10
          • 188 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:19 AM

Thank you to everyone for your amazing words!!!  I am really happy I can share my experience with past and future brides :)

#46 AishaB

AishaB
            • 2,350 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 09:35 AM

Just beautiful. Congratulations.

BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#47 CSandCK

CSandCK
              • 19 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:17 PM

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and Congratultions!  Your wedding looks absolutely perfect and your review/suggestions will really help with planning over the next 8 months.

#48 hchiasson

hchiasson
                • 18 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:16 AM

Congrats!!! great pictures...it's look great. I'm getting married March break 2011 at Riu Ocho Rios....so excited. Just a few questions...did you have to rent the bar for your reception dance and did it cost anything. I'm thinking of bringing silk flowers for my bouquets....should I ??? I just want specific flowers....I don,t know how I,m goign to fit everything in one suitecase??? I would like to bring my center pieces for the dinner table????

#49 MDLady

MDLady
                  • 433 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:58 AM

Congratulations!   Everything looks beautiful (especially the bride)!  The flowers are amazing!

#50 JesseLyn10

JesseLyn10
                    • 188 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by hchiasson 

Congrats!!! great pictures...it's look great. I'm getting married March break 2011 at Riu Ocho Rios....so excited. Just a few questions...did you have to rent the bar for your reception dance and did it cost anything. I'm thinking of bringing silk flowers for my bouquets....should I ??? I just want specific flowers....I don,t know how I,m goign to fit everything in one suitecase??? I would like to bring my center pieces for the dinner table????

We did rent the beach bar for the after dinner reception at $15 per person. The dj was also an additional cost.

Tai Flora did my flowers and they have an incredible selection!  I don't know how you would pack flowers if you are going to try to get everything into one suitcase especially since my luggage got so man-handled on the trip!  I would get in touch with Tai Flora and ask them if they have or can get the flowers you want.  I was working with Jennievie - ochorios@taiflora.com

Tal Flora also did my centre pieces.  We had a luggage restriction of 2 bags per person flying into Montego Bay and there was no way  I would have brought centre pieces.  I just told them I wanted simple white flowers in vases with candles and they totally delivered!  the dinner decorations were also brought down to the beach reception so we got to use them all night!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users