Photo

Marathons, 1/2s, and 10Ks oh my!

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 greysgirl

greysgirl
  • 370 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 08:24 PM

Does anyone have any races on their calendar for this year?  I'm running a 1/2 the weekend between my bachelorette party in Vegas and leaving for our wedding in April.  I hope to run another 1/2 marathon up Pike's Peak in August, and have put in for the NYC lottery.  If I don't get in to NYC, I'll maybe run the full marathon in my hometown in October.  What is everyone else running?

#32 Lua

Lua
    • 1,231 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:10 PM

So far I'm running a 1/2 marathon May 22 and then a 1/4 marathon in July... will play the rest by ear :)

#33 AshleyTX

AshleyTX
      • 37 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 02:16 PM

My FI and I just completed our first full marathon this weekend, WOW! I can honestly say this is the most rewarding thing I have ever done! The one we ran was 100% on the beach which was really nice, much easier on the joints, and.....the entire time I kept thinking that before long this will be us on the beach but instead of running we'll be getting married!!

My advice to fellow runners, keep it up! It is DEFINITELY mind over matter!

#34 AshleyTX

AshleyTX
        • 37 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 02:19 PM

RunningBride - Did you do the Rock & Roll Vegas in December? If so, how was it? We did San Antonio in November and are planning on Vegas Dec 2011.

#35 greysgirl

greysgirl
          • 370 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by AshleyTX 

RunningBride - Did you do the Rock & Roll Vegas in December? If so, how was it? We did San Antonio in November and are planning on Vegas Dec 2011.

I read yesterday that this marathon is going to be entirely at night!!  How fun!!  The lights of the strip will be so neat.  My running buddies and I were talking and just may do it now!

#36 deannamarie85

deannamarie85
            • 447 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 01:40 PM

I have my 2nd 10K tomorrow morning..a little worried because this will be my first race without any friends running with me. i uploaded some great songs and plan on running for ME!

#37 AshleyTX

AshleyTX
              • 37 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by greysgirl 

I read yesterday that this marathon is going to be entirely at night!!  How fun!!  The lights of the strip will be so neat.  My running buddies and I were talking and just may do it now!

Yes, I think that will be AWESOME! Althought I think we're only going to do the Half this time around. The Full has a 4.5 hour limit and I'm hoping to be pregnant by then, I'm thinking the half will be a much better option!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users