Photo

St Thomas Wedding June 2011 WC Help

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 StThomas2011

StThomas2011
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:01 AM

For my welcome dinner on 2.24.2011 I just put down my deposit at Robert's American Grille at Cowpet Bay.  For a "Casual Beach BBQ" they charge starting at $28/person for the food and then you can do a drink package or you can do based on consumption.  I'm gonna do consumption because I don't think it will be worth it for all you can drink for the welcome dinner.

If you have any more specific questions, let me know!

#12 thedave1022

thedave1022
    • 8 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 10:25 AM

Talking to a few places, it looks like for parties under probably about 50, we are better off doing consumption based over open bar.  I'm thinking of doing Bolongo, but some of these places are so hard to get in touch with. I heard a lot about island vendors and how it's very hard to contact them. I'll take a look at Roberts American Grille as well.

#13 Gatorgirl

Gatorgirl
      • 28 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 04:14 PM

St Thomas is one of my (3) choices too that I've been gathering information from.  The wedding package prices that I've seen aren't too bad, but the hotel rates everywhere were just too high!!  We loved the Wyndham, but paying $400-$600/night is NOT an option for us or our guests.

I mean, cmon. The hotel is nice, but not that nice!  Especially when the Ritz Carlton - Rose Hall in Jamaica is $179/night.

I'm just saying :)

#14 kim0806

kim0806
        • 170 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:40 AM

Janelle is currently helping my plan my Aug 2011 wedding in St John and she has been fantastic.  Always quick to reply and very helpful- especially with some of my more off the wall questions!

#15 olive0y1

olive0y1
          • 202 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:56 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm late coming into this thread since I'm a noob and just started planning my 2013 cruise wedding.  I was wondering if any of you did a cruise wedding and lastly, how did everyone's turn out w/ your WC.  I'm still in the process of weighing out the pros and cons of using a cruise line WC or an of the cruise one.  Thank you for your time!

#16 nursemorgan

nursemorgan
            • 166 posts
            • Wedding Date:May 6, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Trunk Bay, St John USVI
            • LocationCape May, NJ

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:39 PM

Does anyone know if the marriott would allow someone like Janelle to come in and assist since she is a planner outside of the marriott event planning organization?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users