Photo

London Eye proposal

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 DWBride615

DWBride615
  • 852 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 06:14 AM

Okay, so I have no idea exactly how he got this to happen and FI won't budge on the details, but here it goes. FI is originally from the UK and I'm from the USA.

During one of our visits to London, we decided to take a ride on the London Eye (his idea) with some close family members (let me add, the whole time, said family members had these nonstop grins on their faces that made me think they were crazy until I found out why) and when we reached the top, the whole ferris wheel stopped. Of course, I freaked out...but thankfully restrained myself to not let it show. I'm not afraid of heights or anything, but all I thought of at the moment was 'oh great, it's broken. My luck this happens while we're on it.' I'm an adventurous girl, but am not into being stuck somewhere for hours while engineers try to fix it far down below.

Anyway, while I had my internal freak-out, I didn't notice Eric was getting down on one knee. When I finally turned around to say a comment about the broken ferris wheel, I gasped. Silent tears streamed down my face as he proposed. He placed the ring on my finger and we hugged and kissed. I said yes! It was amazing and I found out from the family members that the ferris wheel had been stopped on purpose for the proposal.

One last thing I'd like to add, the London Eye goes slow as it is, so it took me a while to realize the whole thing had come to a complete stop. Makes me wonder just how long FI was on his knee until I finally turned around and realized..hmm...

I'm still dying to find out how he got them to stop a very popular and well-known attraction, but he won't budge. =/
    *~*Chelsea & Eric*~* {{New wedding Date...Same Growing Love}} October 13, 2012 (Rome, Italy)

#2 msjulie5475

msjulie5475
    • 528 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 06:20 AM

Congratulations! I loved your engagement story! Your FI was an excellent planner. One question. How did you guys meet (UK vs USA)?

#3 DWBride615

DWBride615
      • 852 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 06:33 AM

Thanks!

To answer your question, he moved to the Florida (where I live now) for a couple years out of work purposes. He's originally from the UK. We met when he moved here, but we kind of go back and forth to visit family, since we got together. We plan on living in England after the wedding.
        *~*Chelsea & Eric*~* {{New wedding Date...Same Growing Love}} October 13, 2012 (Rome, Italy)

#4 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
        • 26,161 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 06:49 AM

Wow, that's pretty impressive! I also wonder how he got them to stop it?! Awesome engagement story :)

#5 DWBride615

DWBride615
          • 852 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 06:52 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by starchild
            Wow, that's pretty impressive! I also wonder how he got them to stop it?! Awesome engagement story :)
            Thanks! =]

#6 Sax Lady

Sax Lady
            • 265 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:09 AM

THats's a great proposal. happy planning. Guys can be so creative when we let them haha.

#7 Cindy*

Cindy*
              • 2,655 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 05:31 PM

Very cute proposal story. He clearly put a lot of thought into it. Congratulations.

#8 Canadiansandy

Canadiansandy
                • 355 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:12 PM

Congratulations! What a fantastic proposal story. I see that you're getting married in Rome?? Wow! How romantic, I hope you post some pictures after :)
                  Sandy & Aaron ~ May 4, 2011 ~ Dreams Palm Beach, Punta Cana ------ Bride & Groom + 30 booked! (and counting)

#9 sammy2882

sammy2882
                  • 174 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:30 PM

so sweet! great story!!

#10 JENISE

JENISE
                    • 652 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 10:05 AM

Aw, that's an awesome engagement story. It actually made me teary eyed because my Fiance proposed to me under the London Eye :) Isn't it such a beautiful setting? Overlooking all of London with Big Ben right across the way. AH, GOOSEBUMPS! lol
                      Congratulations and good luck with the move to the UK.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users