Photo

Ceremony & Reception

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 renstar

renstar
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 12:03 AM

Hi! Just starting our planning for our DW for May 2011. We were hoping to have our ceremony and reception on a lawn near a beach. We are envisioning a place where we could have a private luau for 60 people and would cost us under $10,000. Anyone have any ideas which wedding planners or places may be able to provide such services?

#2 msjulie5475

msjulie5475
    • 528 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 12:28 AM

Good luck and happy wedding planning!

#3 cocoalover

cocoalover
      • 37 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 04:50 AM

So I am doing something similar for my wedding on 2/8/2011. I am planning it myself. Although if you read Tovaqt's past posts, she recommends a flat fee coordinator which sounds like a great option.

As far as reception goes, you probably will pay about $70 per person everything included for the food. (no drinks) And to hire 3 hula dancers+musician+fire drummer for 2 hours entertainment will be around $1000 according to my research which put you a bit over $5000 for 60 people. If your budget is $10000 for the whole thing, that leave you less than $5000 for the rest, officiant, venue rental, rentals including tent, outdoor lighting (if venue doesn't provide it), floral, photography, musician/dj or you can opt to do ipod yourself, which might be doable depending on what you look for.

Hope this helps.

Quote:
        Originally Posted by renstar
        Hi! Just starting our planning for our DW for May 2011. We were hoping to have our ceremony and reception on a lawn near a beach. We are envisioning a place where we could have a private luau for 60 people and would cost us under $10,000. Anyone have any ideas which wedding planners or places may be able to provide such services?

#4 nursebecky33

nursebecky33
        • 2 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 03:28 PM

Hey we are palnning a wedding and reception at merrimans on kapaula bay, they have private areas for wedding and reception. We are using dellables for a florist. We are having 30 people and are keeping our total wedding cost at 8,000.00 with photos and decorations.

#5 bridetov

bridetov
          • 76 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 04:01 PM

The problem is venue- most private estates that are ocean front with a nice lawn have a minimum night stay- which adds up FAST! Have you checked out the Olowalu Plantation House? I think it ranges from $2k to $4k. For the size of your group- you need something larger like that property.

@nursebecky: you will LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Della!!!! I still keep up with her and she is AMAZING with what she does!!

#6 clairelouise

clairelouise
            • 16 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:58 AM

We are having our ceremony at Olowalu but going to the Feast at Lele for our reception. We looked at doing a luau in the garden there for 35 ppl, but once you add on all the costs it was coming up to like $20,000! Way too pricey.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users