Photo

Canadian Newbies !

• Please log in to reply
715 replies to this topic

#181 Janet1480

Janet1480
  • 709 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 01:45 PM

I will for sure. I got the call that my wedding party dresses all came in but they are holding them there for me. My dress isnt scheduled in until September :( I look at the pic of it online with the model wearing it. I love it so much and cant wait to wear it :)

Originally Posted by heatherd 

:)  I'm still waiting for it to come in too....I look at pictures of it all the time LOL!!  I will post a pic when i get it for sure!  You too ok! :)

Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana

#182 Janet1480

Janet1480
    • 709 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 01:51 PM

That is super exciting! I didnt even know they had a bridal shop in North Gower. I got my dress in Moose Creek and the girl who helped me was fantastic and very patient :) Do you want your girls to all wear the same style? That can be challenging shopping in some places in Ottawa. If you just go with a color but different style dresses you will likely have no issues. Le Chateau always has great dresses. I actually got FI's whole attire there for the wedding minus the shoes. :) I bought a bunch of flowers at Michaels (soft touch, they look so real) for my centrepieces but still havent decided if i want to use them LOL i'm so indecisive with my decoration, its the only thing that is taking me forever!

FI and I are tossing the idea around with the AHR but i dont know if i want to spend the extra money. It all adds up so quick. We may just have a few get togethers, back yard BBQ style or something to celebrate with those who couldnt come down south and show them pics and stuff. Still TBD

Originally Posted by tamandrob 

Hey, I ordered my dress today I am so excited!!!! They said it will take 4 months to come in, once I get it I will post pics! I got it from a place in North Gower. My colour is blue, I am going shopping in July with the bridal party to get their dresses, I think we are just going to check out some places in Ottawa. I haven't really thought of decorations but I don't want to be bringing a lot of stuff down with us so if I do it won't be much also I was thinking the bouquets could be put on the tables as decoration? Not to sure yet. I can't wait either!!!!!! Are you having an AHR?

Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana

#183 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
      • 1,252 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 07:14 PM

thats why were doing is the backyard AHR, if you want some creative ideas, you know me ive started a list lol lol more that happy to share if you would like

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#184 traceysteve

traceysteve
        • 328 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 07:21 PM

I'm with you on the AHR. I don't want to spend an excessive amount of money on it, and if I had to be honest, I'm not really enjoying this wedding-planning business as it is! i guess, I'm just not that kind of person!! So, the thought of adding another task to my list, makes me want to put a pen in my eye.

Originally Posted by Janet1480 

That is super exciting! I didnt even know they had a bridal shop in North Gower. I got my dress in Moose Creek and the girl who helped me was fantastic and very patient :) Do you want your girls to all wear the same style? That can be challenging shopping in some places in Ottawa. If you just go with a color but different style dresses you will likely have no issues. Le Chateau always has great dresses. I actually got FI's whole attire there for the wedding minus the shoes. :) I bought a bunch of flowers at Michaels (soft touch, they look so real) for my centrepieces but still havent decided if i want to use them LOL i'm so indecisive with my decoration, its the only thing that is taking me forever!

FI and I are tossing the idea around with the AHR but i dont know if i want to spend the extra money. It all adds up so quick. We may just have a few get togethers, back yard BBQ style or something to celebrate with those who couldnt come down south and show them pics and stuff. Still TBD

#185 lianee

lianee
          • 86 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:07 PM

I know what you mean about not enjoying the wedding planning business.  It's not really my "cup of tea", which is why we are doing a destination wedding in the first place!  We definitely will not be having an AHR.  If we weren't getting married in the middle of winter I would entertain the idea of a backyard BBQ, but it's not really an option for Jan/Feb in Edmonton.

Originally Posted by traceysteve 

I'm with you on the AHR. I don't want to spend an excessive amount of money on it, and if I had to be honest, I'm not really enjoying this wedding-planning business as it is! i guess, I'm just not that kind of person!! So, the thought of adding another task to my list, makes me want to put a pen in my eye.

#186 tamandrob

tamandrob
            • 349 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 12:12 PM

The shop in North Gower is called All that glitters its a mother/daughter run store and they are excellent! I went to Moose Creek as well and they were great there too! I haven't really thought of the style that I want my bridesmaids to wear yet but I wouldn't mind if they were different, I will check out Le Chateau for sure! Thanks! Did you make your own bouquets too?

Originally Posted by Janet1480 

That is super exciting! I didn't even know they had a bridal shop in North Gower. I got my dress in Moose Creek and the girl who helped me was fantastic and very patient :) Do you want your girls to all wear the same style? That can be challenging shopping in some places in Ottawa. If you just go with a color but different style dresses you will likely have no issues. Le Chateau always has great dresses. I actually got FI's whole attire there for the wedding minus the shoes. :) I bought a bunch of flowers at Michaels (soft touch, they look so real) for my centrepieces but still havent decided if i want to use them LOL i'm so indecisive with my decoration, its the only thing that is taking me forever!

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica- February 28th, 2012

32 Booked.......and counting!

#187 tamandrob

tamandrob
              • 349 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 12:14 PM

Hey I would love it if you could share some creavtive ideas! How many people are you having?

Originally Posted by canadiangirl 

thats why were doing is the backyard AHR, if you want some creative ideas, you know me ive started a list lol lol more that happy to share if you would like

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica- February 28th, 2012

32 Booked.......and counting!

#188 heatherd

heatherd
                • 37 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:43 PM

LOL :)  you're great!!  Check on the first two things you mentioned and the decor...but still deciding on OOT bags....I think once I have my final number of people I will finish that stuff off....but I think I just might be on track!  Thanks for helping

LOTS lol

you need shoes and accessories for your dress

you need to decide or have inspiration for your hair and make up (print some pics and bring them with you)

Are you doing OOT bags?

Have you picked all your decor?

will you do a pre travel brochure for your guest

will you do a welcome brochure for your guests

I can go on for days! :P LOL

#189 heatherd

heatherd
                  • 37 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:50 PM

Yay!!! So exciting!!!  They told me it would take 3-6 months for my dress :(  I'm at 3 months now so hopefull soon... I will post pics too once I get it!!  I know what you mean about bringing stuff down...I don't want to either...bouquets for the tables is an excellent idea...i never thought of that!!  Sorry but is and AHR a reception when we get back?? If it is than I'm not sure yet... I think it depends on how many people can't make it.  I think we're going to get bridal party dresses in the fall because my neice is still growing and she doesn't want to grow after she gets a dress LOL  so we're going in September... then the guys have to get their stuff.   I found a website that sell linen pants for men, not to badly priced too.  So we'll probably get them from there cause we can custom order them to fit my little boys too!  Hopefull everything goes as planned right :)

Originally Posted by tamandrob 

Hey, I ordered my dress today I am so excited!!!! They said it will take 4 months to come in, once I get it I will post pics! I got it from a place in North Gower. My colour is blue, I am going shopping in July with the bridal party to get their dresses, I think we are just going to check out some places in Ottawa. I haven't really thought of decorations but I don't want to be bringing a lot of stuff down with us so if I do it won't be much also I was thinking the bouquets could be put on the tables as decoration? Not to sure yet. I can't wait either!!!!!! Are you having an AHR?

#190 Janet1480

Janet1480
                    • 709 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 05:54 PM

I loved it in Moose Creek although North Gower would have been closer for me since i live in Kanata...wish i would have known about that shop sooner LOL although who's to say they would have a dress I love :P i did pretty much every other shop in and around Ottawa.

FI and I just completed his whole outfit at Le Chateau...they have really nice linen pants and they were the only place that actually had our exact colors for shirt and ties. every where else was more along the lines of baby blue and i really wanted the blue to be right. And it helped that the old navy in the mall had flip flops on sale for $1.00 yup you read that right one dollar LOL

I took a quick pic....not the best pic but will give you an idea anyway :)

The shop in North Gower is called All that glitters its a mother/daughter run store and they are excellent! I went to Moose Creek as well and they were great there too! I haven't really thought of the style that I want my bridesmaids to wear yet but I wouldn't mind if they were different, I will check out Le Chateau for sure! Thanks! Did you make your own bouquets too?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users