Photo

Aruba or Riviera Maya?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 dpitta

dpitta
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 08:54 PM

My name is Dana. We just got engaged in May and are trying to decide between Aruba or Riviera Maya for April-May or September-October of 2011. We have been looking at the Azul hotels in Riviera Maya as well as the Iberostar Hotels. I also looked into the Westin in Aruba but haven't heard anything back from them. We definitely need all inclusive, kid friendly resorts. Any info would help!

Thanks!

#2 jennster_04

jennster_04
    • 176 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:01 PM

Hey Well i am having our wedding at an all inclusive in Mayan Riveria, but Aruba is beautiful. You can go to Mexico any day of the week, Nothing beats Aruba
      Married August 10, 2010 at Gran Bahia Principe Akumal!!!

#3 JanineA

JanineA
      • 2,482 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:41 PM

I can't help with your decision but I am sure some of the other brides on here will be able to help you narrow it down. Welcome and happy planning!

#4 wendyjd

wendyjd
        • 968 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:45 PM

I think either would be great. Start by making a list of "necessities" and then narrow resorts down, check our requirements for weddings in both countries, costs of travel...

Welcome to BDW, you'll find tons of info here. Have fun planning.

#5 MrsJones2Be

MrsJones2Be
          • 311 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:46 PM

I am for Aruba as well- it is beautiful there!
            MRS JONES 2 BE!

#6 AishaB

AishaB
            • 2,350 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:47 AM

Hi Dana, good luck with your planning and welcome to the forum.
              BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#7 sarahrose

sarahrose
              • 77 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:02 AM

We were deciding between Aruba and Riviera Maya too. Honestly, I LOVE Aruba, but it was too far for my family in California so we chose Riviera Maya. Aruba is more or less guaranteed perfect weather and it is amazingly beautiful. I believe the requirements for a legal wedding are pretty similar for each, but you should look into that if you want a legal wedding.

I will say that Aruba is probably easier to work with unless you speak Spanish because there has been a language barrier for me in Riviera Maya and I understand Spanish fairly well.

There are many more all-inclusive resorts in Riviera Maya, which generally makes it more affordable, but there are a couple in Aruba. I've stayed at the Occidental, which I really liked, but it's not as luxurious as the hotels i saw in Riviera Maya. A lot of people like the RIU, but it wasn't really for me. There are others too, but these are on the nicest beach in Aruba. I think the food in Aruba is better, which is probably why there are fewer all-inclusives.

Overall for a vacation for me, I like Aruba better, but for a wedding, Riviera Maya is most likely cheaper with more hotel options.

Hope this helps!

Good luck!

#8 sarahrose

sarahrose
                • 77 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:02 AM

oh, and Riviera Maya is beautiful too!

#9 *tinkertoy*

*tinkertoy*
                  • 271 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:13 PM

I agree about the list of pros and cons...both places are beautiful but would think that price wise and sheer number of potential resorts, Mexico is a little better.

Good luck!

#10 Natie1971

Natie1971
                    • 342 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:01 PM

Congratulations!!! Welcome and happy planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users