Photo

Thinking of wedding in moon palace??

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 dee2010

dee2010
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 01:11 PM

Well were do i start? I have been researching over the internet for about a week now and have just came across the website. After being engaged nearly two years now we are finally looking to book our wedding, ever since we visited Mexico in 2005 we have always said we would get married there.
    Decided on moon place as a number of people i know have been on holiday and a few have been to weddings and said it was fab!!
    Thinking about September time 2011/12 not sure yet, as i want to give family and friends enough time to pay it off.

Anyway would really appreciate any info about this hotel, i have heard its cheaper to book wedding direct with hotel rather than travel agents?? Is this true? would love feedback from people who have been married here and could give me some advice regarding the wedding packages and requirements
    thanks

dee xx

#2 JanineA

JanineA
    • 2,482 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 01:12 PM

Welcome to the board. You'll definitely find lots of info to help you through the planning process here. Good luck and happy planning!

#3 atrott

atrott
      • 208 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 04:05 PM

Congratulations! Welcome to the forum, you're going to love it here.

There are several TA's on the forum who can answer your questions about hotel rates. It's been my experience that a TA can usually get a much better deal than booking through the resorts directly. Doesn't hurt to check on both!

#4 Ravywedding

Ravywedding
        • 183 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 04:11 PM

Hi and welcome! I am a April 2011 MP bride and here's what I've learned so far:
          -if you have an RCI membership you may qualify for lower rates, mention this (you will need a member number so they can look up your status) when you submit your group reservation
          -travel agents may also be cheaper ( i have yet to receive rates to compare) but make sure you double-check with MP who is allowed, because working with some TAs would disqualify you to receive free cocktail hours, etc. Wedding Destinations and Planning | Destination Weddings .com is approved and apparently they can get you upgrades too
          -it takes FOREVER to get anything out of MP WC or WP...basically, this site will be your best source, i think thats another reason TAs might be a plus, have someone else to fight your battles

#5 dee2010

dee2010
          • 9 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 05:29 PM

Thanks for the advice every1, will have a little look on this website. I am thinking of just going through the travel agents (thomson/first choice) as it may save alot of time and messing around, been in today and i have to wait till september before i can book.

#6 AishaB

AishaB
            • 2,350 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:57 AM

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your planning!
              BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#7 Leigh17

Leigh17
              • 339 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:46 AM

Check out all the reviews on Moon Palace on this site & the Moon Palace threads...you'll find tons of information here. I just got married at MP last week & it was FABULOUS!

#8 Natie1971

Natie1971
                • 342 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:59 AM

Congratulations and welcome!!! You'll find lots of wonderful information on this Forum.

#9 sgray

sgray
                  • 116 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:13 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum. Good luck and happy planning!

#10 DmitryYakunin

DmitryYakunin
                    • 227 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:24 PM

Welcome to the forum and happy planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users