Photo

Is anyone stressing about the oil spill in the gulf??

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SaraBenson

SaraBenson
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 11:33 AM

I am a Mayan Riviera November 2010 bride. A few people have been making comments latley. Hope you bought cancellation insurance....Or I heard on the news that the oil has reached the Mayan already.

Is anyone eles TRIPPING OUT about this

#2 giraffexx

giraffexx
    • 498 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 09:27 AM

I'm also a Mayan Rivera November 2010 bride :) I'm not stressing yet but I am keeping a close eye on the news about it.

This is one of those situations that is beyond our control so we just have to hope for the best.

#3 Woodsylou

Woodsylou
      • 545 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 10:30 AM

Fingers crossed it won't effect you at all, i haven't heard that it's reached that part of mexico x
        a UK bride :)

35 fabulous people booked! 31 at The Moon Palace, 4 offsite! YAY!

My planning thread! http://bestdestinati....k-bride-61178/

#4 Ms.H

Ms.H
        • 169 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 10:40 AM

i am also a november 2010 mayan bride. I've heard a few comments from random people but have also heard and read that it is highly unlikely that the oil will reach the mayan due to the direction and magnutude of the currents. That being said, hurricane season is upon us and who know where they may thoss the water/oil. i'm just hoping clean-up efforts work!!

#5 shae

shae
          • 308 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 10:48 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by SaraBenson
            I am a Mayan Riviera November 2010 bride. A few people have been making comments latley. Hope you bought cancellation insurance....Or I heard on the news that the oil has reached the Mayan already.

Is anyone eles TRIPPING OUT about this

ugh...i've had so many people say stuff like that to me but whatevs! if it's not one thing it's another: have you heard about the crime rates in cancun?, have you heard hurricane alex is going to hit there? have you heard.....

what i noticed is that alot of these comments are from the people who can't make it to the wedding so maybe they're just a little bummed that they can't join in on the fun!

#6 SaraBenson

SaraBenson
            • 5 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:30 PM

I agree!  It seems the only one's making comments are the one's not coming.  I have a lot of family members making a lot of excuses.  I wish people would give me the benefit of the doubt....just tell me straight up your not coming.  I am having a destination wedding for a reason.  Maybe I don't want the family there lol!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users