Photo

Wording for MAYBE option on std

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ashleyciv

Ashleyciv
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 01:56 AM

Help!! I cannot think of a good/cute "maybe" option for my rsvp save the date.

I have My bags are packed, cant wait to feel sand between my toes and

Sorry, i sunburn easily

Any ideas would be very much appreciated!!

#2 mlabbe

mlabbe
    • 784 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 04:23 AM

I can't think of anything clever either! I'm sure that you'll get good suggestions though.

As an aside, I would be hesitant on using the "maybe" option - I would be afraid that people would say "maybe" instead of "no" because it's not as potentially hurtful? Just a thought... you don't want to have to run after even more people!

#3 PaperBagPrincess

PaperBagPrincess
      • 320 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 10:27 AM

We did a maybe on our's and called it overall a "tentative RSVP" with a formal RSVP to follow. We had some maybe's. I have found the NOs just don't RSVP at all, rather frustrating, but whatever.

What about.... Maybe, I'll have to see if I can find my flip flops

#4 Pazzesca

Pazzesca
        • 210 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 10:50 AM

i decided to do a "pre" rsvp on my passport save the dates (which i haven't put together yet, lol) stating the following:

"A formal invitation will follow. In the meantime, we would appreciate it if you could give us an idea if you are considering traveling to our wedding. You can send us a “pre-rsvp” on our wedding website on the rsvp tab. This way we will know how many rooms to block, arrange for travel for our after party, etc."

there is also wording on the opposite page stating"

"We are not expecting anyone to stay for a week or so. We realize extended travel is not possible for everyone. Instead, please consider staying for 2 or 3 days which is long enough for the wedding and some fun together! We also understand this trip is an impossibility for some. Instead please think good
          thoughts for us on our wedding day and we’ll keep you in ours."

the website rsvp wording reads:

"Please let us know if you are considering coming to our destination wedding. This way we can prepare for some little extras ahead of time like transportation for our after party!

by rsvp'ing ahead of the invitation we realize that something may come up to prevent you from attending. We are just trying to get an idea of who are interested in coming."

#5 josietoms

josietoms
          • 765 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 11:10 AM

how about something along the lines of .... i'll see if i can find my passport / flip flops / bikini etc (you get the idea) and will let you know...........
            Josie x

#6 SDSteph

SDSteph
            • 812 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 12:58 PM

I like "Let me see if I can find my flip flops!" I might use somthing like this on my save the dates too! Can I see your templates or total wording? THanks!!!!
              Steph and Kel Mayan Riveria - February 2011http://www.stephnkelwedding.com

#7 teshy1

teshy1
              • 162 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 01:12 PM

Since this is a STD, I think you can still get away with just "Yes" and "No", after all, a "yes" is technically a tentative yes until you send the actually invitations. Just my 2 cents...

#8 Ashleyciv

Ashleyciv
                • 107 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:13 PM

Thanks guys for your help! We put the maybe on there just to get an idea of who DEF will not be coming...I was also thinking it might be a pain if we dont hear from some people but i guess ill send another one our when i do that actual invites. That way ill only have to send the invites to the maybes and yes responses! I do like the flip flop idea! so far I have...

for yes..Our bags are packed! Cant wait to feel the sand between our toes!!
                  Please save # of beach chairs
                  No...SOrry we sunburn easily

And im thinking of doing maybe... if we can find our flip flop or luggage!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users