Do i need a crinoline/hoop type thing?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 janapana

janapana
  • 591 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 05:38 PM

Advice please ladies!

I´ve bought a gorgeous wedding dress, when i tried it on in the shop i was standing on one of those round boxes, the dress looked great, made me feel really slim, hid my hips etc. then when i tried it on at home, obviously without the big round box thing, it looked nowhere near as good. i think this must be because either they had really slimming mirrors at the shop (illegal surely?!?!) or the round thing i was stood on is essential to the way the dress looks, in which case, how can i get around that? Will i not look like a bit of a plonker if i have some sort of petticoat under a chiffon dress?

Here is a picture of the size zero photobucketed model wearing it.

Click the image to open in full size.

What do you think? (Apart from me losing half my body weight?)

Cheers!
    jo

#2 mrs*j*2011

mrs*j*2011
    • Banned
    • 206 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:17 PM

I'm not sure how crinoline would look under a chiffon dress. When I think crinoline, I think itchy, rough tutu material which you would be able to see the pattern of through the dress...KWIM? When you tried it on in the store on the box/platform thing, how long was the dress? Was it long and hang off and then when you tried it on at home it pooled on the floor? Maybe it needs to be hemmed?

Good grief I hope these darn bridal stores don't have trick mirrors!
      ~~ Lea ~~
      January 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Royal Caribbean
      (honeymooning at Couples Negril)

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/xRI3m4.png

#3 pat291

pat291
      • 33 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:47 PM

to be honest that dress is gorgeous---the thing is there are certain cuts that compliment particular shapes better. u need to first find out ur body type. check out this link below it will te;; u the best silouette:

Wedding Planning - How to Organize and Prioritize for the Wedding
        You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back.

#4 pat291

pat291
        • 33 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:49 PM

also second tip is to try the dress on with high heels,
          You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back.

#5 janapana

janapana
          • 591 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:43 AM

ah, that's one of the things i was thinking, when i tried it on in the shop she had me in these killer stilettos, so maybe my posture was better..... It does need taking up a wee bit, i'm a bit of a short-arse (as my dad tells me!)

pat291 will check out that website when i finish work, i'm skiving off enough as it is! thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users