Photo

Catholic Ceremony

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 verrow23

verrow23
  • 85 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 07:06 PM

Just wondering if anyone has or is having a Catholic wedding in RM? I'm in the process of planning my wedding and was hoping someone has planned a wedding like this, and could give any advise. I want the reception/party possibly at a beach restaurant after the ceremony. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    I knew he was the man I would marry as soon as we met...

#2 mkdela

mkdela
    • 82 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:29 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by verrow23
      Just wondering if anyone has or is having a Catholic wedding in RM? I'm in the process of planning my wedding and was hoping someone has planned a wedding like this, and could give any advise. I want the reception/party possibly at a beach restaurant after the ceremony. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
      Hi there! I am having a Catholice wedding at the gazebo at the Casa Magna Marriott in Cancun, with a reception afterwards at the Gran Melia Cancun. I think there are some others on this forum having Catholic weddings elsewhere in RM, eg. Playa del Carmen.
      KATHLEEN & COURTNEY 3/1/08

#3 PaulaV

PaulaV
      • VIP Member
      • 2,813 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:59 AM

Anny (anagarcia) had one there at the same gazebo between the Casa Magna and JW Marriott.
        There was a church where she was going to have it that was beautiful, but changed to the outdoor venue.
        Do a search for those threads or send her a PM.

#4 Adamsgrrl

Adamsgrrl
        • 466 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 10:32 AM

I pm'd you about the info for weddings in PM or Playa. Please let me know if you have not recieved it and I will resend.

#5 anaderoux

anaderoux
          • 3,220 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 12:58 PM

As Paula said I had my ceremony at the Marriott's gazebo

Here's a link to my review:
            http://bestdestinati....7-07-07-a.html

Here's a link to my site visit review (you can find pics of the church there):
            http://bestdestinati....-overload.html

Let me know if you have any questions..

#6 dallas_texas09

dallas_texas09
            • 113 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 01:09 PM

I'm getting married at the Nuestra Senora del Carmen chapel in Playa del Carmen. I've hired Ajua Weddings to make the arrangements but I think you can do it on your own also. It was just easier for me to hire someone familiar with the church and who is there. My local church in Dallas prepared all of the documents and is sending it to the Diocese in Cancun. PM me if you have any questions.

#7 mjm160

mjm160
              • 58 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 04:22 PM

The Barcelo Maya Tropical /Colonial resort in RM has a Catholic wedding chapel. So far, I've only found one picture of it:
                Chapel pictures from mexico photos on webshots

The Barcelo looks like a great resort and they have some wedding info on their site: Barcelo Maya Tropical Beach - Hotel Maya Tropical Beach - Hotel Mayan Riviera

#8 PaulSchrank

PaulSchrank
                • Vendor
                • 237 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 06:16 PM

The Nuestra Senora del Carmen is the big church in the middle of town. It's big, open and white inside. They have just finished a small chapel in the town square down by the ferry dock. It's actually been there a while, but they've redone it and it's really really nice. The park next door is great for picturesl. It can't hold more than 40-50 people. It's air conditioned as well. I think any of the wedding coordinators can organize a wedding there.

Just to clarify
                  Nuestra Senora del Carmen is the big church on 12th.
                  Chapel of Nuestra SeĀ±ora del Carmen is the small chapel by the park that is renovted.

#9 verrow23

verrow23
                  • 85 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:04 PM

Thank you guys! This helps a lot!
                    I knew he was the man I would marry as soon as we met...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users