Sign in to follow this  
MissSimone

Bringing Table Linens, Sashes, Etc.

Someone told me not to ship things, because more likely than not may not end up in your hands at the wedding day.  I think table runners, etc. are easy to bring down with you....  My resort only charges $2, so I am just going to use their runners and cross my fingers the color is correct. Or maybe I will panick at the last minute and order some to ensure I get what I envision in my head. 

Another bride ordered from weddinglinnensdirect for her runners and chairs sashes and she said they were a great price and came really quickly.  If you do that you can ALWAYS sell them later to recoop some of the cost!!!

JACKI:

if you want to do the table runner thing...look in the buy/trade/freebie section of this site. I got mine from another bride with paper lanterns too... it worked out so much cheaper even with shipping. tons of stuff on there

I bought my organza sashes for the chairs during ceremony plus satin table runners for dinner at weddinglinnensdirect.  I have 40 sashes and 11 runners. They weigh maybe 2.5lbs. Which is nothing and cost me less then $50 plus shipping. Compare that to $5/chair at the resort.  You can always put those in someone else's bag to bring down in case you have a lot of things with you.

Renting is a risky option, because if you don't bring it back, loose it, rip it etc etc, then you're on a hook for them.  But if you pay under $100 for everything to have as your own, you're not worried about ruining it or forgetting it etc.  If you consider bringing chair covers - I'd suggest to just pay the resort for that. The weight and cost for extra luggage would come out to be the same.

and what is the likelyness that the colours are going to match up, I dont know if i would chance renting from the resort...but if you do i would get them to take pics just to ensure the colour

np...thats what this site is for right?! what I wouldnt think of one of you would lol (im so wedding brained right now..Im lucky if I eat these days lol never forgetting the coffee though)

Ill take a pic of my stuff for you when it comes in from the bride I bought it off of....got a great deal, plus if your doing an AHR you can totally use it all again, this way you know that it works..that was the main reason we bought our linens and what not..after the wedding I want to do as little as possible lol

I'm bringing my runners down with me, I'm sure I can put them in my dad's suitcase since he won't be packing much! And you ladies are right, they don't weigh much and I know I have the colour that I want! The resort provides silver chair ties, so that will work with turquoise

Just got my paper laterns from the buy/trade/sell thread.... amazingly cheap and exactly what I wanted.  Now on to hunting for the linens....  I never thought about using them for AHR, that is totally a fantastic idea.  My future MIL is all pissed off about our destination wedding and wants to throw this ridiculous AHR, so maybe if I tell her to use our linens/lanterns, etc. I can somewhat keep the AHR within our style/tastes.