Photo

Bringing Table Linens, Sashes, Etc.

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 MissSimone

MissSimone
  • 255 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:59 AM

Hey ladies. The resort I'm thinking of having my wedding at doesn't have the linens I really want. I'm thinking of renting linens here in NYC where I live and then either shipping down to my aunt in MoBay to use for the wedding or bringing them down to JA myself. Have any of you rented linens, sashes, etc. elsewhere and brought them down for your wedding? Do most resorts allow this?

#2 msglave

msglave
    • 933 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:09 AM

A lot of ladies buy their things. It's often cheaper than renting. Check with your resort to make sure they will set your things up (most of them will for no extra charge). If you go here, you will link to a widely used and inexpensive site. Good luck!
      The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
      Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
      www.jadicaandraveyn.com

#3 selassie11

selassie11
      • 206 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 02:28 PM

I plan on doing the same thing. I've purchased samples from Wedding Linens Direct and have gotten them in as quick as 2 days! I definitely plan on using them.

#4 mexico102

mexico102
        • 300 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 02:36 PM

my resort has white tableclothes and napkins.....other colors for rent. I'm bring table runners in my wedding colors to add to the white.

#5 Gatorgirl

Gatorgirl
          • 28 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:50 PM

Hey girls!!!

I too have decided to bring my own decor since the resort prices were just too high.

Here are some other good websites for affordable things to spicen up your reception:

elegantperspectives.com

efavormart.com

linentablecloth.com

weddinglinensdirect.com

Good luck!!

#6 Mellyrox

Mellyrox
            • 161 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 05:47 PM

I am bringing down my table runners, chair sashes and centrepieces.  I used wedding linens direct for the sashes and runners. I'm actually dividing up everything amongst the wedding party and my parents to avoid going over the weight allowance for luggage. It takes some planning ahead of time, but it makes sense to me for everyone to bring a little rather than just my fiance and I bringing a LOT!

:)

Vince and Mel - Grand Palladium Jamaica, May 04, 2011

#7 ohaske

ohaske
              • 163 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 07:34 AM

that is a good idea to divide everything up. I have been racking my brain trying to see how i can get all my things to Jamaica. i was thinking of shipping it

#8 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
                • 1,252 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:59 AM

i was talking to another DWB and she was shipping her stuff down with all the recipts.....also puttingon the box NOT FOR RESALE (WEDDING DECORATIONS) im thinking of the same thing...just use DHL and make sure someone signs for it.....and bring some with me if i buy more after lol

hopes this helps all

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#9 AfricanVenus

AfricanVenus
                  • 328 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:44 AM

I thought about doing that too, but was just adding to my list of things to carry. That means more weight for my checked bags. Not sure how amenable you are to this suggestion, but maybe you could ask the resort to rent reception tables that can go bare. Like these below and in this link: http://www.serendipi...ta-photography/. That way, you won't have to worry about linens and things (sorry for the pun, lol). You can just do a runner or nothing at all.

Heaven endures and the Earth lasts a long time, because they do not live for themselves. ~~Our story endures: June 25, 2011~~
                    Wedsite: kosha.projectwedding.com

#10 Marlena

Marlena
                    • 254 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:00 AM

I bought some organza table runners off of efavormart.com for 2.19 each. They don't weigh much at all and I think I can line my suitcase with them. I don't want to carry a lot of stuff down there, but I still want it to look great!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users