Photo

Question on whether to register or not

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 Chiquita

Chiquita
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 05:58 PM

I think we will register as well.. but not really advertise it. Putting it on the website I think would be fine.

#12 NYJen

NYJen
    • 1,326 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 07:44 PM

I agree too. I wasn't going to register because I made it very clear to my mom and sisters that I didn't want a shower. But now that I think of it, I know there will be some people out there that will want to buy us gifts. And rather than ending up with stuff that we don't like or can't use, it makes sense to at least register for a couple of items to give our guests ideas in case they are looking for a gift idea. Stick to the major bridal registry stores (Macy's, Target, BB&B, Crate and Barrel.) You'll probably end up with some great stuff.

#13 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
      • VIP Member
      • 931 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 09:44 PM

yes register so that you don't get duplicates, and you actually get things that you want. No, don't include any mention of your registry in your email. On the website is okay. Word of mouth is best. Jen is right - people will ask you or your family, or will look it up.

have fun registering!

#14 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 09:55 PM

I agree, register. People will get you stuff anyway, so you might as well pick it out. I'd advertise on the website. I'm registering a few places & linking to it from my website. We are not having any showers.

#15 Christine

Christine
          • VIP Member
          • 21,514 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
          • Wedding Location:Napa, California
          • LocationReno, NV

Posted 05 August 2007 - 10:25 PM

its against ettiquette to send out your registry info, its okay for other people (like your shower invites) to send them but not okay for you to blatently put it out there you want gifts.
          Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#16 erik.wade

erik.wade
          • Banned
          • 45 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 11:44 PM

Drea suckered me into going over and "Helping" her choose...what a joke.

It seems that all the stuff we put down was the stuff I wanted for the kitchen like Wustof knives, new pots and pans, and a wine rack...she did pick out some towels but is seems that most of the stuff was for the cook...me. Something is just wrong with that in that I got more excited about having good knives than anything else.

LOL

I am so sad...I blame Andrea since if she cooked more, she could also join in on the thrill of having the silly knives and pots and pans.

#17 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
            • VIP Member
            • 2,347 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 01:01 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by erik.wade
              Drea suckered me into going over and "Helping" her choose...what a joke.

It seems that all the stuff we put down was the stuff I wanted for the kitchen like Wustof knives, new pots and pans, and a wine rack...she did pick out some towels but is seems that most of the stuff was for the cook...me. Something is just wrong with that in that I got more excited about having good knives than anything else.

LOL

I am so sad...I blame Andrea since if she cooked more, she could also join in on the thrill of having the silly knives and pots and pans.
              FI was like that---- we registered at Penneys really early on, just to get the freebies they gave out at the time. He groaned about doing "bridal" things, but when we went to the store to pick things out, he was *totally* into the knives. I think if I'd have left him alone with the scanner, we would have had about 4-5 sets of knives and probably not much of anything else. :)

#18 DreaW

DreaW
              • Banned
              • 2,462 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 01:04 AM

yup just like Erik said...we went shopping today....
                Actually we registered. Well he mostly did the registering while I stood around waiting for the sku gun to come back to my hands.
                Over all it was a fun day and tiring....

So I'm about done with our website and don't worry ladies I put the note of our gift registry in the website so those who want to can click on it.

I'll give link if anyone's interested in seeing it.

drea

#19 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
                • VIP Member
                • 2,347 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 01:08 AM

Drea, I'd love to check the website out--- love looking at photos and how everyone puts their sites together!

#20 DreaW

DreaW
                  • Banned
                  • 2,462 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 01:12 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by MikkiStreak
                    Drea, I'd love to check the website out--- love looking at photos and how everyone puts their sites together!
                    ok publishing it right now....will post link in a sec.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users