tips?? to who and how much??

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 JanineA

• 2,482 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 07:19 PM

Tracy that is about the same end figure I had come up with as well....$500.

#12 JesseLyn10

• 188 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:09 AM

We ended up tipping the 2 hairstylists that did all the hair and makeup, $50 each.  We tipped the waitstaff (can't remember the amount) but we only had 2 servers so we just gave them equal amounts.  Our WC received $50 at the reception once we were sure that everything had worked out for the day, the steel drum band received $100 to split between the 4 of them, the 2 bartenders received $100 each for staying an hour past their quitting time, as did the dj.  We were going to tip the judge who married us but he hightailed it out of there as soon as we walked back down the isle. 

#13 Mrs.S2B

• 169 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:03 AM

This is important...I'll have to re-read and take notes!

#14 helen9

• 156 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 04:53 PM

i havent even thought about it. will need to take a mental note

#15 fmichelle

• 298 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 04:57 PM

Does this vary by country? If we are paying for a wedding package and there are no outside vendors (everything is taken care of by the resort, no musicians, no florists, etc) I thought we'd tip the wedding coordinator and the hair/make-up...more to add to the budget. Any other Punta Cana all-inclusive brides care to elaborate?

#16 schmizer

• 213 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:08 AM

We will tip our WC and our musician.  Our reception already has gratuity  built into it.

#17 islandbride8

• 315 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 12:48 PM

I'm getting married in Punta Cana as well and we don't have any outside vendors.  I plan on tipping our WC $50 (pending everything goes as good as she promises) and Pastor York $50, but that's it.  If i do get my hair done at the salon I will tip them also.  My wedding package is $1,750 and doesn't include all that much, so I'm limiting my tipping.

#18 fmichelle

• 298 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 03:01 PM

islandbride, sounds good to me.  My package price is similar at Excellence. I'll just have to be prepared.  Thanks for your input.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users