August 2010 Brides?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 whit-Bride

whit-Bride
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:38 AM

Hey Ladies!

I'm getting married on August 12, 2010 at the Ocean Turquesa in the Mayan Riviera.

I haven't really seen any other August Brides. Are any of you getting married in August 2010? And at what resort?

#2 rizalr731

rizalr731
    • 22 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:34 PM

Hi There!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I am an August bride as well. I'm getting married August 7, 2010 at the Hilton Cancun...I can't believe it is sooo close!

#3 melnickovich

melnickovich
      • 33 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:22 PM

August 14th here! My wedding is at The Royal in Cancun!

#4 AndreaD

AndreaD
        • 28 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 08:43 PM

A month to go for August 2010!! Our wedding is Aug 28 at the Royal in Cancun! It seems like this year flew by.

#5 mdb

mdb
          • 190 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 10:05 PM

August 11, 2010, Excellence Punta Cana

#6 KelZavs20

KelZavs20
            • 301 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:15 AM

August 9th... Dreams Cancun
              Right around the corner - and starting to enter pannic mode!!!

#7 thefuturemrslutz

thefuturemrslutz
              • 821 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:44 PM

Hey August girls in Cancun...are you having your reception, rehearsal dinner, etc outside? Will it be too hot?? I am getting married August 7th! AHHH so only a few weeks left, but debating whether we should change our reception a ballroom inside so people will not die of a heatstroke. Can anyone help me understand the weather there at night? Thanks!

#8 KelZavs20

KelZavs20
                • 301 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:10 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by thefuturemrslutz
                  Hey August girls in Cancun...are you having your reception, rehearsal dinner, etc outside? Will it be too hot?? I am getting married August 7th! AHHH so only a few weeks left, but debating whether we should change our reception a ballroom inside so people will not die of a heatstroke. Can anyone help me understand the weather there at night? Thanks!
                  Im on August 9th, and we are having everything outside! Ceremony at the gazebo, and reception on the beach. The beach reception is near the water so im hoping for a light breeze, plus at night time with drinks flowing i dont think too many will be worried about the heat! At night when the sun isnt blazing, cancun can be quite comfortable! 1-3pm is the hottest time of day...
                  Personally, i cant bear the thought of going all the way to beautiful cancun to have an indoor reception - but many brides have done it and had fabulous weddings.....totally personal preference.

#9 thefuturemrslutz

thefuturemrslutz
                  • 821 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:32 AM

ok, thank you! Those were my thoughts exactly, but just starting to get worried!

#10 rizalr731

rizalr731
                    • 22 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:53 AM

My welcome reception and rehearsal dinner are outdoors. When I went for my tasting I made sure that those areas were shaded at the time we were planning to hold those events. My wedding reception will be in the ballroom - I just did not want to risk being miserably hot. Luckily the ballroom has one large wall of glass that overlooks the ocean so I am not comprimising the view.

How do you all plan on traveling with your gowns? Are going to try and bring it with you on the plane?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users