#11 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 12:07 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mrs.B 2008
    yes, we have found that many of the resorts are near the cruise port and that is something we are definitely not interested in! our taste tends to go towards unique, luxury, small, intimate, boutique, one-of-a-kind, special, etc.
    I have to add, the info I provided is only a small portion of the island- the tourist area and more expensive. We only had a chance to visit half the island.. we drove and passed so many great locations. I really want to go back and "backpack" throught the rest of the island.

I'm sure you can find a great location there.

#12 lambert13

lambert13
    • 901 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 12:00 PM

There are so many wonderful areas out of the San Juan area.

Vieques, which is off of the west coast is a beautiful place with caribbean beaches and a relaxed atmosphere.

Rincon on the west coast is a laid back surfer town with awesome beaches and some very upscale botique hotels.

Ponce on the southern coast is a vibrant community with art musems, shopping and a bio-luminescent bay.

When we went to PR last year we got off the plane in San Juan and headed right out of town. Hopefully we will get to go back again this spring for a few days.

#13 brecluse

brecluse
      • 196 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 04:35 PM

Jason beat me but I would second Vieques, and I would also say check out TripAdvisor.com to get reviews and even candid pics of places, that how we pick almost every hotel we stay in.
        TTD :: Tortola, BVI

#14 Alyssa

Alyssa
        • 11,793 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 04:40 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by brecluse
          Jason beat me but I would second Vieques, and I would also say check out TripAdvisor.com to get reviews and even candid pics of places, that how we pick almost every hotel we stay in.
          yes - funny - our very 1st choice was Vieques - we researched and were so excited to find out that Martineau Bay was becoming a W Retreat and Spa - the bad news is it won't re-open until Jan 2009 so that is out
          then we found this great place called The Inn on the Blue Horizon but they are not large enough to accomodate our group as they only have 10 rooms. there isn't really anywhere else in Vieques that is luxurious and gets consistently great reviews

finding a location for us has been really tough!!!!

#15 lambert13

lambert13
          • 901 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 08:42 AM

If you are looking for something a little bit off the beaten path, but still somewhat luxurious I might have a few for you.

Rincon Beach Resort. Very very nice place, but the beach is not so great for swimming. For laying out on the beach and watching sunsets though it is awesome.

Hotel and beach resort in Rincon Puerto Rico

Horned Dorset Primavera. Very nice upscale sort of place with a boutique feel. One of the cast members from Ugly Betty got married there recently.

The Horned Dorset Primavera Hotel | Rincon, PR

Hopefully in the near future our dream of owning a hotel in Rincon will come to life and we will be able to host weddings ourselves!

#16 Alyssa

Alyssa
            • 11,793 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 09:43 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by lambert13
              If you are looking for something a little bit off the beaten path, but still somewhat luxurious I might have a few for you.

Rincon Beach Resort. Very very nice place, but the beach is not so great for swimming. For laying out on the beach and watching sunsets though it is awesome.

Hotel and beach resort in Rincon Puerto Rico

Horned Dorset Primavera. Very nice upscale sort of place with a boutique feel. One of the cast members from Ugly Betty got married there recently.

The Horned Dorset Primavera Hotel | Rincon, PR

Hopefully in the near future our dream of owning a hotel in Rincon will come to life and we will be able to host weddings ourselves!
              Thanks for the info - we have looked at both of these - decided to pass on Rincon b/c of the swimming and Horned Dorset b/c of the $$$ - that place is crazy expensive. we are fixated on doing a buy out at The Lodge at Molokai Ranch in Hawaii so we'll see how that goes!

#17 jamisoncollette

jamisoncollette
              • 1,257 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:11 PM

I am looking at San Juan but I don't seem to be able to find any other PR brides...

#18 KGOESER

KGOESER
                • 49 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:27 AM

Are there any AI options in PR?

#19 Karen

Karen
                  • 1,308 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:52 AM

Sadly, there really aren't any AIs in PR. Maybe one but I hear it's super expensive. However, PR accomodations, food, etc. is relatively inexpensive.
                    <center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

#20 jamisoncollette

jamisoncollette
                    • 1,257 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:58 AM

Gran Melia is a semi all inclusive at certain levels, it used to be Paradisis. I think Copamarina is an all-inclusive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users