Jump to content

Photo

Puerto Rico Brides


  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Alyssa

Alyssa
  • Sr. Member
  • 11,793 posts

    Posted 04 August 2007 - 12:45 PM

    Has anyone gotten married or is in the process of planning a wedding here?

    #2 starchild

    starchild

      Moderator

    • Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

      Posted 04 August 2007 - 01:14 PM

      Not me but I always wondered why not. It's tropical plus legal ceremonies must be a cinch!

      #3 Alyssa

      Alyssa
      • Sr. Member
      • 11,793 posts

        Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:22 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by starchild
        Not me but I always wondered why not. It's tropical plus legal ceremonies must be a cinch!
        right? and it's a quick flight from the East Coast! i am researching but haven't found anywhere in P.R. that looks fabulous!

        #4 Christine

        Christine
        • VIP Member
        • 21,514 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
        • Wedding Location:Napa, California
        • LocationReno, NV

        Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:30 AM

        I don't know of anyone sorry, but if you find anything make sure you post it.
        Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

        #5 Jessica

        Jessica
        • VIP Member
        • 11,939 posts

          Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:57 AM

          After taking Mexico out of the running I thought of Puerto Rico. It was my first US Territory choice, mainly because my fathers family is from there (my mom's family is from Mexico).

          Brian and I got in such a HUGE fight over that because he was concerned with the drug crime there which is why he veteoed that choice and his family is really ummm... idk, they have stereotypes about Latinos (ie. his mom calls everyone who is Latino "Mexican" kind of annoying, but she's harmless I guess!). It was amazing enough we got his white bread family to go to Saint Thomas!

          I personally think it would be awesome. I've only been there in passing (airport layover), but the view from the sky was awesome! You should go for it.

          #6 robindepaula

          robindepaula
          • Banned
          • 514 posts

            Posted 08 August 2007 - 11:19 PM

            I found this resort there & it seems to be very beautiful . . . it's hard trying to decide upon the perfect location!!!

            Happy Planning!
            Robin

            #7 amym567

            amym567
            • Jr. Member
            • 403 posts

              Posted 08 August 2007 - 11:36 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Mrs.B 2008
              right? and it's a quick flight from the East Coast! i am researching but haven't found anywhere in P.R. that looks fabulous!
              I've flown into PR to board a cruise ship, and I didn't see any pretty places there. I, of course, can't say there aren't beautiful beaches/resorts there, but a lot of times the cruise ships are near the pretty part of town. Just my opinion!
              Amy

              #8 amyh

              amyh

                VIP Member

              • VIP Member
              • 3,754 posts

                Posted 09 August 2007 - 12:00 AM

                if we were on the east coast I would have def chosen PR as a location! FI father was born there and we visited the island two years ago.. I truly fell in love with it.

                we stayed at the Wyndham Condado (now its the Condado Plaza and has been remodled San Juan Hotels & Puerto Rico Accommodations - Condado Plaza San Juan Hotel & Casino) and saw two weddings.. we stayed at El Convento in San Juan one night El Convento Hotel and Resort and its a great location for a wedding. the church is across the street. Its a small boutique hotel, but it is literally in the middle of san juan, you can step out to the blue cobble stone streets, its beautiful! Old San Juan- Puerto Rico - VirtualTourist.com

                We also had a chance to visit El San Juan Hotel and Casino (well the bar, casino and lobby- they have a club but it was closed on that Sunday we visited) San Juan Puerto Rico Hotels & Beachfront Resorts - El San Juan Hotel & Casino

                We had a glance of El Conquistador when our tour bus was dropping off some guests, it looked amazing too, but far from San Juan. Puerto Rico Hotels & Beachfront Resorts - El Conquistador Golf Resort & Casino


                And talk about photo op's.. El moro El Moro, Old San Juan | Photo is perfect, you can walk there from Old San Juan.. you have this old world meets paradise feel! I can I say it once more, BEAUTIFUL!!!!

                #9 Alyssa

                Alyssa
                • Sr. Member
                • 11,793 posts

                  Posted 09 August 2007 - 12:02 AM

                  yes, we have found that many of the resorts are near the cruise port and that is something we are definitely not interested in! our taste tends to go towards unique, luxury, small, intimate, boutique, one-of-a-kind, special, etc.

                  #10 Alyssa

                  Alyssa
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 11,793 posts

                    Posted 09 August 2007 - 12:03 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by amyh
                    if we were on the east coast I would have def chosen PR as a location! FI father was born there and we visited the island two years ago.. I truly fell in love with it.

                    we stayed at the Wyndham Condado (now its the Condado Plaza and has been remodled San Juan Hotels & Puerto Rico Accommodations - Condado Plaza San Juan Hotel & Casino) and saw two weddings.. we stayed at El Convento in San Juan one night El Convento Hotel and Resort and its a great location for a wedding. the church is across the street. Its a small boutique hotel, but it is literally in the middle of san juan, you can step out to the blue cobble stone streets, its beautiful! Old San Juan- Puerto Rico - VirtualTourist.com

                    We also had a chance to visit El San Juan Hotel and Casino (well the bar, casino and lobby- they have a club but it was closed on that Sunday we visited) San Juan Puerto Rico Hotels & Beachfront Resorts - El San Juan Hotel & Casino

                    We had a glance of El Conquistador when our tour bus was dropping off some guests, it looked amazing too, but far from San Juan. Puerto Rico Hotels & Beachfront Resorts - El Conquistador Golf Resort & Casino


                    And talk about photo op's.. El moro El Moro, Old San Juan | Photo is perfect, you can walk there from Old San Juan.. you have this old world meets paradise feel! I can I say it once more, BEAUTIFUL!!!!
                    great info! i am going to check these out :)




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users