Dreams Riviera Cancun Newbie

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 Lindsay in love

Lindsay in love
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Lindsay in love 

Not very far LOL...My TA has recommended we wait until the package prices are out to send the STD cards out but most of my guests know the date and have confirmed they want to attend.  I'll have about 50 guests along with us so it should be a pretty exciting group...I'm about to buy my bridesmaid dresses online and I've bought a couple of bunches of seashells for the tables...that's all I've done.  probably won't worry about the dress until around Christmas time and then the decor items, the OOT gifts and the rest of that stuff...I know it'll creep up quickly though so I'm trying to stay organized and on top of things...I have great friends willing to help and also have a friend in Cancun that has offered to help me with anything i need down there in advance...so I hope it'll all turn out okay LOL

How about you?  How far along are you?

Oh and DO NOT PAY for the cocktail hour...my TA said in all her years doing weddings nobody ever pays for a cocktail hour...it's a money grab.  Just tell your guests to meet at one of the bars (they're likely all part of the all inclusive plan anyways) and have them have a couple drinks there while you do your photos.  My TA saved me $2000 by not having to pay the extras on the cocktail hour...i love her! LOL

#22 saraandjon

saraandjon
    • 177 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:27 PM

Congrats!

#23 gabishort34

gabishort34
      • 80 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 06:13 AM

Hi im Gabi and im a newbie! Im getting married at Dreams Riviera Cancun in October 2011!

#24 KD2011

KD2011
        • 11 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:44 PM

Hello everyone,

I am also a newbie and I hope to be married at Dreams Rivera in Dec of 2011!

#25 elisamarie

elisamarie
          • 222 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 07:26 PM

Congrats! The Dreams resorts look fantastic!

Getting married at Playa Pesquero! - 35 booked!!

#26 adelelouise

adelelouise
            • 10 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 07:32 AM

hi there ive also booked for dreams riviera may 2011!! we have booked our holiday withn thomas cook but they said we have to book our wedding direct with the dreams wedding co ordinator!! ive tried several times to email them but had no reply to which is making me very anxious!!!! we have a party of around 10 adults and 6 children and we're staying in a preferred club ocean view room for 2 weeks!! i could really appreciate some information on how you started to make arrangements and some choices you have made in regards to photographers and djs et!! thanks adele x

#27 rtownsend

rtownsend
              • 24 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 03:10 PM

What do you think so far of Gaby? She's been helpful and responds quickly but it seems like Ana was willing to do a little more... we had spoken about mixing things up a bit with the wedding package and Gaby has said no to most of them... sooo idk im a little worried because it seems like we're going to have to upgrade a ton! For example I'm waiting to hear back now on if we can use the wooden chairs shown in all the pictures on the wedding pdf or if thats an extra cost becuase the package says only the white covered chairs are available, We're leaning towards the Ultimate wedding package bc of the group size we have, but if most things end up being upgraded anyways we may go for a lower package. Im kinda in the same place as you are tho, I've looked at bridesmaid dresses havent picked one out for sure yet tho. i know what i want as far as the little things go- decorations gifts to give to guests and what not... just not sure how im going to get them to mexico.. If i should ship them down early or what. Finally this week we got the contract for the rooms and we got that in so its for sure now, May 29,2011! getting ready to order save the dates and invites.  What new things have you done? Im contemplating between using the DJ and just using the sound system and what not for a little less.. 300 an hr is a good bit! I've heard the dj's are pretty good tho...

#28 rtownsend

rtownsend
                • 24 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 03:20 PM

by Gaby i mean the new WC ... :-)

#29 jenrick

jenrick
                  • 163 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 04:56 PM

Dreams is wonderful!  Happy planning!

#30 chrissyandrob

chrissyandrob
                    • 36 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by jpcmartin 

We just went for a site-visit in May, we are getting married November 27, 2010
                      Ana and her assistant were amazing from what we could see. The resort was truly a dream come true. We went Memorial Day weekend and it was almost at full capacity and we would never have known. The service was incredible and the guests were all so friendly. We did meet 2 families that had switched from Dreams Cancun because of the rowdiness. Dreams Riviera is brand new so of course it is up to date and simply georgeous. It is not a big resort which we loved we could get from A to B fast and we often ran into the new friends we had made. Now that we are home, we have remained in contact with the couples we met (gotta love facebook) We are so excited to go back to heaven and I can officially be Mrs. Judy Francis

Hi!

Congrats on your engagment! I am getting married there in June! When you went for the site visit, where did you decide to have your reception? I want to have it somewhere inside but have never been there- any suggestions?? Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users