Photo

Makeup?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 02:41 PM

Okay, dont laugh. But I do NOT wear makeup. The closest thing to makeup I wear is lip gloss! I was wondering if you got your makeup done by the resort, do you bring your own makeup for them to use?
    2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#2 boscobel

boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 02:43 PM

Good question! I wear only chapstick and mascara (sometimes), so I am worried about that too. With DW, there really isn't a chance for a trial run! Well, I guess you could if you get there early enough before the wedding. Humpf.

#3 Spazz

Spazz
      • VIP Member
      • 10,482 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 02:47 PM

I never wear make-up. Would it look weird if I didn't on my wedding day??

#4 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
        • 2,302 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 02:49 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by lizz10179
          I never wear make-up. Would it look weird if I didn't on my wedding day??
          That's what I was wondering. If I do, I want something really subtle. I was thinking mabye the makeup will enhance the photos.
          2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#5 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 10,366 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 02:51 PM

it will enhance your photos if you wear some, but you can do a very natural look!!

#6 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 18,759 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 02:54 PM

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who doesn't wear makeup daily. I just wear lip gloss most of the time. When I get all fixed up though, I put it on. I do not think it will look weird to wear it on your wedding day if you never do as long as you keep really natural. I'm going to do my own, because I don't want to look too made up. I am by no means a pro, but I'm just going to do what I do normally.

I've gone to a makeup counter a few times to have them show me some new things to do & if I like it, I buy the stuff they used. I'm thinking about giving that a try again for a more bridal look. Last time I went, they put purple eyeshadow on me. I never would've tried that myself, but now it's my standard eye color. I didn't venture outside of browns before that.

#7 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 6,996 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 03:03 PM

I don't normally wear much makeup- just a little mascara, blush, and chapstick is my daily routine. I wanted to do something more for my wedding though, and was scared of having the resort do it!

I went to the MAC counter and had them do a makeover, teach me how to use their products the right way, and bought everything (almost!) that she used on me. I spent almost $200.

I took the makeup with me and wore it several times leading up to the wedding so I felt confident putting it on. I had the resort do a trial run of my hair and makeup, and my makeup was HIDEOUS! I mean AWFUL! I was soooo glad I had brought my own and knew how to use it. I didn't do dramatic by any means, but just wanted "me", but a little "better".

I think for your wedding, even if you don't normally wear makeup, you should do a little something to bring out your eyes and enhance your most beautiful features. Almost everyone looks better in pictures with a little makeup.

#8 Heidi

Heidi
                • 2,642 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 03:04 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by twinkletoes
                  Okay, dont laugh. But I do NOT wear makeup. The closest thing to makeup I wear is lip gloss! I was wondering if you got your makeup done by the resort, do you bring your own makeup for them to use?
                  I don't wear makeup either. Lip gloss is about it for me on a daily basis!
                  Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#9 boscobel

boscobel
                  • VIP Member
                  • 24,213 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 03:04 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Morgan
                    I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who doesn't wear makeup daily. I just wear lip gloss most of the time. When I get all fixed up though, I put it on. I do not think it will look weird to wear it on your wedding day if you never do as long as you keep really natural. I'm going to do my own, because I don't want to look too made up. I am by no means a pro, but I'm just going to do what I do normally.

I've gone to a makeup counter a few times to have them show me some new things to do & if I like it, I buy the stuff they used. I'm thinking about giving that a try again for a more bridal look. Last time I went, they put purple eyeshadow on me. I never would've tried that myself, but now it's my standard eye color. I didn't venture outside of browns before that.
                    Maybe I should do that. I am not against wearing make-up, I just have NO skill at putting it on. Friends have tried to help me out, but I can never replicate it. That's a good idea though, going to a makeup counter...

#10 foxytv

foxytv
                    • VIP Member
                    • 7,740 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 03:16 PM

WOW! Ladies, I can't imagine leaving the house without make-up on! There are entirely too many natural beauties on this forum! Not me!!! Maybe it's too many years of working in TV news, but while I don't wear a LOT of make-up, especially once I get that summertime tan, I scare myself if I don't have any make-up on. aarrgghh!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users