Photo

Affordable Photographer for Cancun Wedding!!!

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#61 kmk2016

kmk2016
  • Moderators
  • 1,468 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:13 PM

I was looking at Octavio too. I don't want tons of pictures though and my resort charges $200 to bring in an outside photographer. I may have to go with the resort photographer or the cost will get crazy

You're lucky!!! Us Karisma brides pay an $800 outside vendor fee!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#62 Sara1603

Sara1603
  • 216 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:01 PM

$800??? Yikes!! I'll quit complain . Are you going to use the resort photographer?

#63 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
    • 2,217 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
    • LocationCanada

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:05 PM

I wish I could like your comment haha but I really hate that fee :P. The resort photographers were so bad/had such exorbitant prices that we decided to bite the bullet and just get an outside phorographer

event.png

#64 kmk2016

kmk2016
    • Moderators
    • 1,468 posts
    • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
    • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:08 PM

$800??? Yikes!! I'll quit complain . Are you going to use the resort photographer?

Nope- none were to our liking so we chose to bite the bullet with an outside photographer. We have a professional photographer travelling for our wedding and considered using her (she offered her service if we covered her travel) but in the end I didn't want to mix friendship with something that can't be fixed if the pics are what we wanted. Plus I wanted her to enjoy herself. We ended up choosing to go with bicoastal and I'm thrilled with what they offered us and their photos are gorgeous!

#65 Sara1603

Sara1603
    • 216 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:10 PM

Nope- none were to our liking so we chose to bite the bullet with an outside photographer. We have a professional photographer travelling for our wedding and considered using her (she offered her service if we covered her travel) but in the end I didn't want to mix friendship with something that can't be fixed if the pics are what we wanted. Plus I wanted her to enjoy herself. We ended up choosing to go with bicoastal and I'm thrilled with what they offered us and their photos are gorgeous!

I think you are smart to not mix friendship with photos.  You woould hate hard feelings if things didn't turn out how you wanted.  I used to have a sister in law that was a hair dresser.  She always wanted to cut my hair but I always got out of it somehow.  I am super picky about my hair and didn't want hard feelings between us.

#66 IvanLuckiePhotography

IvanLuckiePhotography
      • Vendor
      • 183 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:40 AM

Resorts are set up or increasing what they call the outside vendor fee, It is sad people are not free to select what they want to have, photography as an art discipline is subjective against comparing, so It is sad when it is also impost, we offer some flexible alternatives for brides, not to avoid it but to help

#67 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
        • 2,217 posts
        • LocationCanada

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:01 AM

Resorts are set up or increasing what they call the outside vendor fee, It is sad people are not free to select what they want to have, photography as an art discipline is subjective against comparing, so It is sad when it is also impost, we offer some flexible alternatives for brides, not to avoid it but to help

I agree. I wish that if they're trying to force a vendor on you that at least be someone who offers a variety of good services at a reasonable price. Unfortunately it seems to me that it's just another way for resorts to make money. Pictures for a wedding are so important, people should be free to choose

event.png

#68 Edygiselle

Edygiselle
        • 61 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:00 PM

Hi All,

I just want to give you all a little taste of how awesome Hideki of Button up Photography is. He was punctual, wonderful to work with and responded to emails within 24 hours. What more can one ask for. If you would like to see more pictures I wouln't mind sending them to you and answering any questions you may have. 

Hideki Falcon all the way

Button up photography

http://www.buttonupmx.com/

Tell him Edith sent you 

Attached Files

#69 LTR

LTR
          • 9 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:38 PM

I am getting married at Moon Palace in Cancun on March 27, 2015 and need help finding an affordable photographer. I have emailed many good photographers, but their average price is $3,500- $8,000 for 6 hrs of photography (not even including videography)! Does anyone know of a photographer/videographer company that is less than $3,500 for 6 hrs? Most photographers in the Midwest seem to be around $2,000 (ish) plus $1,500 videography for TEN hrs of service... I only need 6 hrs and am shocked at the average price in Mexico. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!

#70 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
            • 2,217 posts
            • LocationCanada

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:27 AM

I am getting married at Moon Palace in Cancun on March 27, 2015 and need help finding an affordable photographer. I have emailed many good photographers, but their average price is $3,500- $8,000 for 6 hrs of photography (not even including videography)! Does anyone know of a photographer/videographer company that is less than $3,500 for 6 hrs? Most photographers in the Midwest seem to be around $2,000 (ish) plus $1,500 videography for TEN hrs of service... I only need 6 hrs and am shocked at the average price in Mexico. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!

I'm not sure if you will be able to find much for cheaper unless you're willing to cut the hours. You can ask our photographer, Octavio Montes how much it would be for 6hrs. We thought his prices were really reasonable but I can't remember off the top of my head how much it was for his 6hrs package. $2000 for 10 hrs seems almost unreal! At least there's no way id be able to get that price locally. Photography and videography, aside from our trips, is the biggest chunk of our budget and I think that's usually the case for both DW or not. There are probably some photographers who charge less but then sometimes you might be compromising on quality. Make sure to check their work and make sure you like their work above their prices. Best or luck!

event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users