Photo

Groom shoe dilemma!!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mrs Price 2010

Mrs Price 2010
  • 74 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:16 AM

FI finally found and brought his wedding outfit at the weekend! Swear he's been worse than a woman figuring out what to wear! But it's paid off and he looks HOT!!

However now we need to figure out shoes! It's a lightlight suit and very light grey in colour - he is going to wear a pale pink shirt with it.

Now I think black shoes will go best, my FMIL has suggested grey - which I'm not feeling, but my FI is! He won't wear sandals as he thinks they don't look smart enough - see worse than a woman!!! Keep reminding him we're going to be in Mexico not cold and dull England!!

Any opinions will be great - thanks in advance ladies!

#2 echo2_62

echo2_62
    • 1,049 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:20 AM

If he's wearing a really light grey suit with a light pink shirt, have you thought about going with white shoes?? I'm thinking that what FI has in mind is that the black shoes would be too great a contrast (remember also the light coloured sand he'll be walking through/standing in) whereas a grey shoe wouldn't be quite so stark.

My hubby had white pants and our gm's had a grey checkered type pattern so the white they wore looked really clean with the outfits. I really liked that we went that way!

#3 Shoesiesluvr

Shoesiesluvr
      • 2,727 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:33 AM

I agree, i think that white shoes will look best....our wedding colors are a light grey(in clothing)/ silverish (in decoration) and a fuchsia so the guys are wearing light grey suits with fuchsia shirts and white shoes...i think the black will stand out too much and light grey shoes sound kind of iffy to me.
        He's the Ying to my Yang...the Peanut Butter to my Jelly....the Oreo to my Milk...the Cheese on my Pizza...the i to my Phone...the Cream in my Coffee...the Jiggle to my Jell-O...the Star in my Sky...He's my BFF & I married him on 09.25.2010
        My Planning Thread

#4 2Blessed2Stress

2Blessed2Stress
        • 35 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:36 AM

Gotta do white shoes. No question about it. Coming from a groom-to-be with a lil' sense of style, white shoes is the way to go with a grey suit and pink shirt.

#5 Leigh17

Leigh17
          • 339 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:40 AM

My FI is having shoe issues too. He's wearing a seersucker suit, any suggestions on shoe color?

#6 Girasole

Girasole
            • 757 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:41 AM

Ha, I have no clue...I would pick black but I haven't seen grey with white shoes so I can't picture it in my head.
              Chrissy & Jeremiah's Blog with Pictures...

http://www.brilliant....island-escape/

#7 Mrs Price 2010

Mrs Price 2010
              • 74 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:34 AM

Thanks for all the suggestions, White never even crossed my mind! Really liking the idea of this now, sounds fresh and crisp!
                Thanks again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users