Bridal Shower

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 JulieG

• VIP Member
  • 8,323 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 11:24 PM

I told my sister, also my MOH that I do not want a shower. Bachelorette, heck yes, it will be a lot of fun, but no shower. I am not having an AHR, so I don't think its right to ask people to pay to come to the wedding and also get us gifts. So, no shower for us. That is just a person opinion though.

#32 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by runnernikki
      Ok need help with this one...
      Do you still 'register' for gifts? We plan on having a small reception/dinner when we return back home from our DW and his Mom thinks that all the women coming to the DW as well as the home reception would want to go to a shower. I don't expect people paying to come to the DW to give gifts and I don't expect people coming to the reception to give gifts because technically they weren't really invited to the 'wedding'. My FI still thinks we should register for some gifts. Doesn't that just seem rude?
      I think that the people who will not be attending the wedding "might" want to get you something. SO you can Un-offically register for stuff. Or tell your parents or MOH to tell people some things you mentioned to them that you need. We told a couple people that if they are asked what to get us to either give us cash or a gift card to Home depot. Or send us a check to the rescue group we volunteer with.

#33 Christine

• VIP Member
      • 21,514 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
      • Wedding Location:Napa, California
      • LocationReno, NV

Posted 10 January 2007 - 11:55 PM

I am having a bachelorette party/bridal shower with my girlfriends, am I supposed to send the person who is planning the event our registry cards. I hate the feeling of people thinking I am asking for gifts...
      Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#34 andreslove

• 227 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by anacgarcia
        here in Mexico you give money to the bride at bridal showers..

I know it sounds kinda tacky if you're not used to it but here is noraml.. I got $500 in my first shower
        I would actually love that! I'm having a bridal shower on Feb. 3rd and I have mixed feelings about it as well. We'll see how it goes...

#35 mvee1025

• 155 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:27 PM

I had one but it wasn't for lingerie - that was given to me at by bachelorette party

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users