Sign in to follow this  
ladebug577

our lucaya

Hi Lauren! Congrats on booking with Our Lucaya! You two must be so excited!! I got your message..I just haven't been on here for awhile. So busy working and trying to save up for our wedding! We have a small intimate party of 36 booked for our November 2010 wedding. I agree, the event planner took forever with the contract and very frustrating at times. She was very accomodating tho to tailor a package specifically for what we wanted. I sent her pictures of flowers, cake, beach set up etc. So I guess she just priced things out in our contract specific to certain vendors. Instead of going with the resort photographer she let us pick our own..we are going with Mark DaCunha. His work is amazing. A little $$$ but if you like candid, romantic and that photojournalism style..I say it's worth it to capture stolen moments!! He is a local there in Freeport so you do not have to pay for a work permit fee. We also decided to have a private dinner reception on a 3 hour boat ride/cruise. It will be closed to the public. Complete with a steak & lobster dinner, ulimited wine and bahama mama's, dj, dancing, entertainment and panoramic view of the entire island. This wedding party boat company even sent me pictures of how we would like the boat decorated for dinner, menu to choose and drop off and pick up for all your guests. Oh yes and children welcome! It's a great idea and a big money saver!! Send me your email address if you would like me to send you info for any of this!

I'm strongly considering Our Lucaya as well and would love to her more about the wedding boat cruise and also about Our Lucaya in general. Is anyone using the resort planner? What made you choose Our Lucaya?

I am using the resort planner. Now you have to go through Faye Knowles to get a contract with the hotel. She isnt the best and getting anything done in a hurry. But after you get the contract taken care of you will get a wedding planner. Mine is Meryl and she is very accomindating as well as quick to get back with you. She will let you be involved with as much or as little as you want to. They will also let you use any vendors you want to use.

Hi Our Lucaya Girls!! Contact Patrick Kemp of Pat and Diane Snorkeling Ltd/Fantasia Tours. The private wedding party dinner reception we booked is aboard the FANTASIA (72 ft double deck catamaran)!! I think it's a really good deal! You get everything...dinner, dancing, dj, entertainment and you get to treat your guests to a beautiful sunset cruise! email-patdiane@batelnet.bs

Soon to be Mrs Jones! She is hard to get a hold of. But once you are done with her the service has been great! But with her it takes about a week to get her to email you back. She does return phone calls faster.