Palace Resorts Vacation Dollars?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 JoanneIreland

JoanneIreland
  • 860 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 11:41 AM

Hi,

Does anyone have information on the Palace Resorts vacation dollars?
    Does it oly apply if booked directly through the hotel? What if you book via onsite travel site or TA?

Does every room spending over 5 nights qualify?

Thanks!

#2 jackie_c

jackie_c
    • 431 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 04:39 PM

The last few pages of the "Moon Palace 2010 Brides" thread have been talking about the switch in promotion.

Most of my guests (at Beach Palace) are staying more than 5 nights, so I hope we all get the $1500 per room but like all freebees I'm not gonna hold my breath until I'm at the hotel and they are crediting my services!

Most of the ladies booked through a TA and are getting the promotion (though it says it's only for people with under 25 rooms) and the BDW brides are saying the travel agent stipulation in the fine print means that the actual travel agents don't qualify when traveling themselves, but if you book through them then you are supposed to qualify.

I'm crossing my fingers for sure! Looks like an awesome promotion!

#3 JoanneIreland

JoanneIreland
      • 860 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:09 AM

Oh that would be so great if every room staying 7 nights got $1500, that would be a huge help towards the wedding package. I wonder if you can combine all dollars received between all rooms?

#4 Janelley100

Janelley100
        • 297 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:45 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by JoanneIreland
          Oh that would be so great if every room staying 7 nights got $1500, that would be a huge help towards the wedding package. I wonder if you can combine all dollars received between all rooms?
          The Vacation dollars apply per room (to THAT room). So in other words....if you have guests booked in 5 seperate rooms all staying for 5 days or more....each room recieves 1500 Vacation dollars to spend at the resort. They don't pool together for you to use. If you are staying 7 nights....you will get 1500 Vacation dollars credited to your room. If you are booked, your TA or wedding coordinator should be able to get the breakdown of how it is applied and how you can spend them at the resort for you to see. My TA just send me the docs a few days ago, but I don't have them on my work computer.

Hope that helps. I can tell you that the previous promotion gave you 300 vacation dollars and free tours. Given that most tours cost between 60-100 per person (in Vacation Dollars) this is a much better promotion than before. You can also use them towards wedding packages, room upgrades, private lobster dinners, spa, salon, etc. It's a pretty good deal!

Good luck!

#5 JoanneIreland

JoanneIreland
          • 860 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:09 PM

Thank you so much ladies!
            I just have a few questions :
            1) Do you only qualidy for these in booking directly through Palace Resorts? Or do you still qualify if booked say through Expedia or Travelocity?
            2) Are "vacation dollars" equivalent to US dollars? So if a wedding package was let's say $2,500, I could apply $1,500 towards it and my package would then really only be $1k?

Thanks again!

#6 Janelley100

Janelley100
            • 297 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:16 PM

I believe you qualify no matter how you book (outside of what the fine print says at the bottom of the promotion info on their website. http://www.palaceres....630CD5.portal2

Unfortunately the documents I received from our travel agent were no more clearer than what they have posted online. Outside of telling you how much tours cost in vacation dollars (per resort) and how much you get per resort....they didn't really specify how much each Vacation dollar equates to. it clearly states you can use the dollars towards wedding packages....but it doesn't tell you how much it brings the total to. that would be a question for the Palace Resorts sales office I believe.

I am just hoping to get down there and use the dollars to get all three of us (my daughter is going with us) on a couple of tours and maybe a slight room upgrade!

#7 CamilleA

CamilleA
              • 83 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:49 PM

Thanks for all the info ladies!!! Can't wait
                Selling my Monique Lhuillier Sunday Rose - perfect condition - PM message if interested

#8 JoanneIreland

JoanneIreland
                • 860 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:24 PM

Had a reply from the resort today, below is my Q+A :

Q : Your website mentions $1,500 vacation dollars for staying 7 nights. Is this valid if booked through our TA? Can it be used towards the wedding package?

A : This promotion will apply for all bookings. If you stay a minimum of 5 nights, you can use your $1500 vacation dollars towards the wedding collection.

#9 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                  • 11,659 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:34 PM

i'm janelley's TA and i have the palace resort sheet attached to this post..

Attached Files

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                  Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                  Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                  Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                  sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                  Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#10 JoanneIreland

JoanneIreland
                  • 860 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 10:50 PM

Even though I started the thread I can't view the attachment because I'm a Newbie ;-(

Janelley's TA (Tammmy Host) .... are you still taking on new clients?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users