Photo

Getting Married at El Dorado Royale

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 krmiller

krmiller
  • 239 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:34 PM

I was looking at this resort for a location also! Are you getting married on the beach or a gazebo?

#12 rpingree001

rpingree001
    • 264 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 08:12 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by krmiller
      I was looking at this resort for a location also! Are you getting married on the beach or a gazebo?
      I had intended to get married in a gazebo because I wanted to ensure that I had some shade during the ceremony but some of the beach pictures I've seen look so beautiful that now I am undecided. How about you?

#13 Margaret411

Margaret411
      • 1 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:54 PM

I'm also looking at getting married at El Dorado in Jan 2011.  Would love to share experiences/suggestions!

#14 rpingree001

rpingree001
        • 264 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by Margaret411 

I'm also looking at getting married at El Dorado in Jan 2011.  Would love to share experiences/suggestions!

What day?  I'm the 8th!  Which wedding coordinator are you working with?  How many guests are you expecting?  

My biggest issues have been trying to pick the photographer, whether or not to have a DJ, and reception location.  I would recommend picking your ceremony location and reception location ASAP (if you haven't already) so you get the spot you want.  I waited too long and now my reception location is already booked so trying to figure out another perfect spot.  

#15 kailap64

kailap64
          • 11 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 07:25 PM

OMG!!!! I am so happy I found this forum! My wedding date is March 26, 2011 at the EDR and I so need help! This has been very nerve racking doing a destination wedding and I just want everything to turn out nice. 

Question for y'all did you get a discount for booking a group of rooms?

What photographer are you using? 

I am worried about not having shade during the ceremony too but I really want the beach I am so torn :/ 

SO much to do anyone else feeling overwhelmed because only so much is in your control? 

#16 kurlyks

kurlyks
            • 176 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:33 AM

Congrats and welcome to the forum!! You'll find so much great advice here! El Dorado is a gorgeous resort :)

May 7th, 2011 ~ Playacar Palace Resort

#17 rpingree001

rpingree001
              • 264 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:10 AM

I'm using Claudia Photo for my pictures and from her website, she looks fantastic!  Best to pick that early though because the resort preferred photographers book up. 

And yes, I did receive a group discount for having a certain number of guests.  That applied towards room rates and towards private functions of the wedding.  It is definitely worth while. 

Good luck and happy planning!!

#18 Sandra Lue

Sandra Lue
                • 92 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 05:07 PM

Congratulations and welcome to the forum! Your resort looks amazing...I wish I could have my own wedding coordinator. Happy planning!

#19 corbeil

corbeil
                  • 190 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:27 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum.

#20 Mistinicole

Mistinicole
                    • 155 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:37 PM

type the hotel into the top search engine.  tons of info on the threads from other girls.  theyre usually grouped together by hotel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users