Princess or Celebrity cruise wedding

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Sweetpea_Mtl

Sweetpea_Mtl
  • 172 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 02:39 AM

Hi everyone!

We're looking into a cruise wedding in the Carribbean, Feb. 2011. For that time of year, my TA suggested either Princess or Celebrity and favors a departure from San Juan, PR, weather-wise or from Miami, FL budget-wise. Does anyone have any insight on these cruiseliners and/or wedding experience?
    How's the onsite WP? Photographer? Food? Excursions? ...

(Most of our guests are from Montreal, Canada but could fly out from Burlington, VT to save on flight fare. We're expecting around 50-60 friends & family.)

#2 sydney8604

sydney8604
    • 28 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 09:11 AM

I got engaged on a Princess cruise last month and immediately new that I wanted a cruise wedding. I haven't travelled on any other cruise lines, but I can only say positive things about Princess!!!!! The food was amazing and the service was excellent. We travelled on the Emerald Princess and the ship was only a few years old. We have booked our wedding cruise on the Ruby Princess travelling out of Fort Lauderdale. I have a few friends who have travelled on other cruise lines and they say nothing can compare to Princess. I hope this helps and good luck deciding!

#3 rubiksgirl

rubiksgirl
      • 3 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 07:10 PM

I know this thread is a little old, but anyone else out there getting married on Celebrity? I am getting married on Celebrity Century this Nov, on a day at sea. If anyone has any questions, I would love to answer as best I can.

#4 TanyonL

TanyonL
        • 166 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:41 PM

I have cruised on Princess and enjoyed it very much. Not sure about the wedding package though.

#5 jasikamarshel

jasikamarshel
          • 4 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 01:17 AM

Princess or celebrity wedding,The food was amazing and the service was excellent. We travelled on the Emerald Princess and the ship was only a few years old. you have booked our wedding cruise on the Ruby Princess travelling out of Fort Lauderdale,and really a very nice place and you like it very much.
            Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.

#6 mishrn

mishrn
            • 67 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 12:32 PM

We are cruising on the Celebrity Solstice on November 21st for one week and our wedding is on November 24th on the island of St. Thomas.  We toured the ship and absolutely loved it; we are lunch, picked our cabins, visited the spa and pools - I can't wait until November.  Unfortunately, I can't say the same for the Wedding Experience - the service couldn't be more opposite. Horrible to return both emails and phone calls. Do not recommend the Wedding Experience - sorry.  

We are 62 embarking on the cruise with 4 more meeting us for the wedding.

Good luck to you and please let me know if I can be of further help.

67 booked.....plus bride and groom

#7 Dream43011

Dream43011
              • 19 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 09:25 AM

not sure about either of the lines you've mentioned (i've only been on Carnival - and NCL once)...

but the last cruise i was on departed from San Juan (so i figured i'd provide some imput on that).  most all the other cruises i've been on have left from florida though.  i would say that your TA is right in regards to the weather in San Juan (much better than florida weather). 

my advice is to see if there's a large difference in price in terms of having your guests fly to San Juan as opposed to Florida.  For us the flights to San Juan are about double what they are to Florida.  You might want to take this into consideration before deciding on one over the other.

also, the reason we decided to depart from San Juan on our last cruise is that it enabled us to have better ports of call (than the options we had on cruises departing from florida).  the itinerary on our last cruise was BY FAR my favorite!  we had a different port of call each day! 

St. Thomas

Barbados

Dominica

Antigua

St. Luciaw

St. Kitts

#8 CruisingT

CruisingT
                • Site Supporter
                • 9 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:25 AM

I am getting married aboard the Celebrity Silhouette, at Sea. Are you still available to answer questions?

#9 CruisingT

CruisingT
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 9 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:26 AM

I am getting married aboard the Celebrity Silhouette, at Sea. Are you still available to answer questions?

#10 Arch713

Arch713
                    • 161 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:35 AM

I am curious on what Sweepea decided on. Did you end up with a cruise wedding??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users