Photo

Three Countries to choose from!!!!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 besos&lace

besos&lace
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 01:39 AM

We just got engaged a few months ago and are now looking at some options for our wedding. We are planning to get married in 2011 and have three locations at the top of the list as I live in Australia but we have family in Vancouver Island, BC Canada and Mazatlan, Mexico. Would love any advice!! :)

#2 Mrs Price 2010

Mrs Price 2010
    • 74 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 04:35 AM

Congratulations on your engagement!
      Lucky you having three places to chose from, have you got family that are willing to travel?
      I'm gettting married in Mexico so am a little bias! But I'm sure where ever you chose it'll be amazing!
      Good Luck.

#3 besos&lace

besos&lace
      • 4 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 06:49 AM

Thanks so much!! We are lucky enough that our family will travel so we just want to find the best location for them all also the most cost efficiant but still have a great ceremony and reception. Congratulations to you too! Where in Mexico will you be having yours? Why did you choose October? Are you doing the blood test and xrays or will you get married legally before you go and just have a ceremony?

Would love to hear anything you can tell us! :)

#4 Mrs Price 2010

Mrs Price 2010
        • 74 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 07:12 AM

Thank you - we're getting married in Playacar. We got engaged in July 2009, I wanted to get married in May/June 2010, but then we thought about the cost for us and our guest,so thought we'd wait until after the hurricane season... well just after!
          We are having a legal ceremony, no X-rays though just blood test.

It's great you've got family willing to travel - will you be able / or have you already been to these places and got locations in mind... beach, chapel etc?
          Why do you not want to get married in Australia?

#5 AishaB

AishaB
          • 2,350 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 07:14 AM

Congrats on the engagement. One way to decide is to have a running comparison of the three places. You can definitely find tons of info on here about different resorts in Mexico and also member reviews who got married at different venues. Australia is beautiful (as I know you know). You do have a tough choice. Good luck!
            BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#6 Bpink62581

Bpink62581
            • 210 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 09:54 AM

WOW decisions decisions!! Can I trade places with you lol! My fiance and I want to travel to Australia sooooooooooooo bad! Like Mrs Price 2010 I too am getting married in Mexico, so if you're not choosing Australia that gets my vote :) There are so many options for you and tons of information on this forum. Good luck with your decision!! Happy planning :)

#7 GVphotographer

GVphotographer
              • 2,667 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
              • Wedding Location:Puerto Los CAbos

Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:32 PM

Hi,
              Welcome to this great forum, here you´ll find the information you are looking for. Congratulations on your wedding!!

#8 A_J_Mitchell

A_J_Mitchell
              • 252 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:36 PM

Congrats and good luck with the planning!!

#9 margin123

margin123
                • 204 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 06:24 PM

Congrats and welcome! You'll find tons of info...Happy planning :)

#10 tigger

tigger
                  • 391 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 06:31 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum! I'm sure you will figure everything out and the ladies on here are great sources of information and advice!
                    Getting married November 10, 2010 - Sandals Grande Antigua

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users