Photo

Planning Wedding At the Capella Pedregal

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 kclyburn

kclyburn
  • 153 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 05:54 PM

The last few weeks have been a whirlwind trying to find vendors and negotiate prices.

Here is what I have so far:
    Resort-Booked at the Capella
    Airline tickets purchased
    Florist booked-Arete Floral Design (Ana is fabulous)
    DJ- Pacific Sound booked and great to work with
    Cake-Jennifer Hatton
    Photographer- Enrique Morales-Booked and very easy to correspond with
    Officiant-Ivonne at Capella is working on it
    Getting Blood work scheduled for legal ceremony.
    Purchased sand ceremony vases and some OOT bag items

I feel like I am forgetting so much!!
    I still need to book a ceremony musician, chair rentals, decide on food and bev menu, favors....

WHAT AM I MISSING?!?!

#2 cammie

cammie
    • 11 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:44 PM

Hi, I see you are a fellow Houstonian getting married in Cabo. Congrats and what a wonderful choice! I just got married there at the end of April. We visited Capella and had dinner at their cliffside restaurant, what an amazing place!! Especially at Sunset! Magnificent choice! Hope you have an amazing wedding - kinda hard not to when you do it in Cabo!!

#3 kclyburn

kclyburn
      • 153 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 02:19 PM

Thank you so much and congratulations! Where did you get married? Our date is 7 months from today and I feel so overwhelmed with things to do! How was your planning process?

#4 mkaz

mkaz
        • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:51 PM

Congrats on the wedding.  Are you getting married this December 2010..?  If so then I think we may be getting married about two weeks before you guys..!  12/4/10 is our date..!  We are doing a site visit at the end of August to finalize vendors but it seems like you are far ahead of us.  Any advice on who you have been dealing with thus far...?  Thanks.

#5 kclyburn

kclyburn
          • 153 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 02:54 PM

Are you getting married at Capella as well?

#6 misstexas

misstexas
            • 1 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:34 PM

Hi, I am about to book flowers with Arete Floral Design, can you tell me how it went?

I'm going through the same things, so much to wrap up at the last minute.  My wed is in January in Todos Santos, everything has to be picked up there or shipped, so hard to plan!

Anyway, good luck and let me know about those flowers. Thanks!

#7 legendz

legendz
              • 1 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:42 PM

Hello to all on here and congrats on your weddings.  I stumbled on this place from a website and I honestly would love to get married here.  It would mean even more to my fiance because she loves Mexico.  My first question is how much was it?  I want to do but need to plan this right.  Can anyone give me around what they paid and what it included?  Thanks in advance

#8 CapellaBride

CapellaBride
                • 7 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:50 PM

Hi!  I noticed you said you did a lot of price negotiation while picking your vendors.  Our wedding coordinator at Capella is arranging most of the vendors for us (florist, DJ, live music, etc).  Were you able to negotiate with vendors recommended by the resort, or did you find your own vendors?  We are starting to put our deposits down on some of these services, so it would be great to know if there is wiggle room with some of the prices we were quoted.  Thanks in advance!

#9 Shih

Shih
                  • 7 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

Hi, I think I'm deciding on Capella as site fir my destination wedding also! It is a beautiful place! I wanted to ask from those of you with experience. Did u feel the hotel complimentary wedding coordinator Cecilia was enough? Or did you hire an additional wedding coordinator from outside? Thanks so much! And would love to hear about ur experiences about getting married there! Shihfan

#10 Shih

Shih
                    • 7 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

I would like to know if those of you that got married in Capella hired an outside wedding planner, or just used the hotel wedding coordinator? tIA!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users