Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
4882 replies to this topic

#3931 jnitschke

jnitschke
  • 251 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by mexicobride2014 

Does anyone know what size drapes/sheers I need for d'italia casitas gazebo? I am going to buy my own as its so expensive renting them, what material is best?

Thank you

I think the gazebos are all pretty much the same size.  I'm bringing my own also, no way I was paying those rates.  I'm hanging 5 sheers, so the cost for set up is a little higher than other peoples.  I bought sheers that were 10yd x 54".  Here's a couple of good sites.

http://www.efavormar...nd-organza.aspx

http://tableclothfac...abric_bolts/169

If you look through some of my previous posts, or search this thread, I posted what my WC told me directly about sheers.  He gave some examples of what the different fabrics look like and the size dimensions that they use.  I told him what I bought and he said that they'd work fine. 

Hope this helps.

#3932 LKocelko

LKocelko
    • 350 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:11 AM

we used tulle, they hung them beautifully. I can try to remember and post pics, or you can find me on fb.

#3933 mexicobride2014

mexicobride2014
      • 22 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:04 AM

Thank you very much :)

#3934 jnitschke

jnitschke
        • 251 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:01 AM

Found this destination wedding packing list.  Thought I would pass it on for our future brides!

http://images.thekno...df/packlist.pdf

#3935 OxanaOrchid

OxanaOrchid
          • 3 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:48 AM

Great list! Thank you!!!

#3936 nbateman

nbateman
            • 280 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by jnitschke 

Found this destination wedding packing list.  Thought I would pass it on for our future brides!

http://images.thekno...df/packlist.pdf

I am a list fanatic, and this is great!!! thanks!!!!!

#3937 JEM236

JEM236
              • 21 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:00 PM

Our wedding is officially two weeks away! Where did the time go?

We are having a two hour welcome cocktail party and a cocktail hour after the ceremony and using an ipod for both. Does anyone have any good music suggestions? I was thinking of getting some mixes from itunes like a mariachi mix but not sure if I want to use mariachi for both days. I listened to some vitamin string quartet and other acoustic music but I don't want to put my guests to sleep. I also don't know if it is odd to play flamenco or reggae since we aren't in Spain or Jamaica. Any ideas?

#3938 jnitschke

jnitschke
                • 251 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:21 PM

Just picked up our Marriage Certificate!!!!!!!!!  I can't believe our wedding is a week from tomorrow!  So excited, we leave Wednesday!!!!!!  It was so fun, I wasn't expecting there to be vows involved, but it felt so good looking into his eyes and saying "I Do"... now I'm just ridiculously giddy... and Todd keeps calling me Mrs. Narehood, even though I told him he's not allowed and we were going to pretend this ceremony doesn't count... but who am I kidding, today was awesome!

#3939 AllieH

AllieH
                  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
                  • 2,014 posts
                  • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
                  • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
                  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

awww - congratulations Mrs!! 

Originally Posted by jnitschke 

Just picked up our Marriage Certificate!!!!!!!!!  I can't believe our wedding is a week from tomorrow!  So excited, we leave Wednesday!!!!!!  It was so fun, I wasn't expecting there to be vows involved, but it felt so good looking into his eyes and saying "I Do"... now I'm just ridiculously giddy... and Todd keeps calling me Mrs. Narehood, even though I told him he's not allowed and we were going to pretend this ceremony doesn't count... but who am I kidding, today was awesome!

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#3940 AllieH

AllieH
                  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
                  • 2,014 posts
                  • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
                  • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
                  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:52 PM

YAY!!! it's coming SOON!

play what you want! that's my recommendation.

we did a bit of Jimmy Buffet over dinner - mixed with a whole lotta other soft-ish music. and lots of 80's music for dancing. it was fun because everyone loved the music, no matter how cheesy some of it was. 

some of my favorites: 

Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison

Dock of the Bay - Otis Redding

Billy Joel - Piano Man

Sweet Caroline - Neal Diamond

Blister in the Sun - Violet Femms

Celebration - Kool & the Gang

All You Need is Love - The Beatles

She Will be Loved - Maroon 5

La Isla Bonita - Madonna

Margaritaville, Volcano - Buffett

Dancing Queen - Abba

I'll Be - Edwin McCain

At Last - Etta James

Paradise - Coldplay

Islands in the Stream - Kenny Rogers/Dolly Parton

Originally Posted by JEM236 

Our wedding is officially two weeks away! Where did the time go?

We are having a two hour welcome cocktail party and a cocktail hour after the ceremony and using an ipod for both. Does anyone have any good music suggestions? I was thinking of getting some mixes from itunes like a mariachi mix but not sure if I want to use mariachi for both days. I listened to some vitamin string quartet and other acoustic music but I don't want to put my guests to sleep. I also don't know if it is odd to play flamenco or reggae since we aren't in Spain or Jamaica. Any ideas?

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users