Jump to content

Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
4882 replies to this topic

#3861 AllieH

AllieH
  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
  • 2,014 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
  • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:50 PM

those photos are awesome Gail! what matters is you had a wonderful day - and it sure sounds like you did. you look amazing! can't wait to see (and hear)  more! 

Originally Posted by mstigger 

That set up fee is something, for sure!!! Ours ended up being $100 and we only had 14 guests - 16 people total with us. I had chair sashes, chair hangers and fans for the ceremony which wasn't much, but I had more chair sashes for the reception and a TON of other things......pictures coming soon!!!

As for chair sashes, mine came nice and neat and folded up so I left them. I didn't care about the creases and to be honest I can't even remember them on the chairs.....I know they were there, I saw the pics but I can't recall

 

Ok, so 2 funny pics to share.....#1 Brides beware, I was so busy looking around and taking in the ceremony site and decorations I didn't pay a bit of attention to how I was holding my bouquet.....I believe this is the breast bouquet hold

 

*

 

Bahahahahahahaha - Oh well, it is what it is.

 

Here is how the night progressed for me and my hubby after many, many, many shots (16 or so I am told) This is right before we headed into the pool!!!

 

*

 

Our waiters and bartender were incredible and we had the greatest day ever!!!

More to come!!!

 

 

 


 

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome


#3862 amanda50388

amanda50388
  • Jr. Member
  • 153 posts

    Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:25 PM

    Originally Posted by mstigger 

    That set up fee is something, for sure!!! Ours ended up being $100 and we only had 14 guests - 16 people total with us. I had chair sashes, chair hangers and fans for the ceremony which wasn't much, but I had more chair sashes for the reception and a TON of other things......pictures coming soon!!!

    As for chair sashes, mine came nice and neat and folded up so I left them. I didn't care about the creases and to be honest I can't even remember them on the chairs.....I know they were there, I saw the pics but I can't recall

     

    Ok, so 2 funny pics to share.....#1 Brides beware, I was so busy looking around and taking in the ceremony site and decorations I didn't pay a bit of attention to how I was holding my bouquet.....I believe this is the breast bouquet hold

     

    *

     

    Bahahahahahahaha - Oh well, it is what it is.

     

    Here is how the night progressed for me and my hubby after many, many, many shots (16 or so I am told) This is right before we headed into the pool!!!

     

    *

     

    Our waiters and bartender were incredible and we had the greatest day ever!!!

    More to come!!!

     

    Gail- looks like you had lots of fun!!! That was how we were too!!!! lots of shots and in the pool after!!! Congrats again!!! :)



    #3863 TheWolferts

    TheWolferts
    • Jr. Member
    • 458 posts

      Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:07 AM

      Originally Posted by murmel 


      How long are you staying Nikki? I get there on May 20. We are celebrating our "baby moon"!!!

       

      We are only going to be there May 11 through 15th. Congrats on the baby!



      #3864 jnitschke

      jnitschke
      • Jr. Member
      • 251 posts

        Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:13 AM

        So.. what do you guys think are appropriate tip amounts around the resort?  I don't want to be insulting by give someone a buck, but at the same time I don't want to get them 10 if 1 would have been appropriate.  So, I'm thinking tipping waitstaff during the reception and at other times, housekeeping, dj, photographer, etc.   Suggestions?
         



        #3865 jnitschke

        jnitschke
        • Jr. Member
        • 251 posts

          Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:50 PM

          As far as music during the ceremony, did you think it was necessary to have music playing during the ceremony.  Or was just a processional and recessional enough?



          #3866 JEM236

          JEM236
          • Newbie
          • 21 posts

            Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

            Originally Posted by jnitschke 

            As far as music during the ceremony, did you think it was necessary to have music playing during the ceremony.  Or was just a processional and recessional enough?

             

             

            Originally Posted by jnitschke 

            So.. what do you guys think are appropriate tip amounts around the resort?  I don't want to be insulting by give someone a buck, but at the same time I don't want to get them 10 if 1 would have been appropriate.  So, I'm thinking tipping waitstaff during the reception and at other times, housekeeping, dj, photographer, etc.   Suggestions?
             

            I am so glad you asked these questions because I was wondering the same things!



            #3867 murmel

            murmel
            • Resort/Area Ambassadors
            • 1,407 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
            • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

            Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:47 PM

            As far as music during the ceremony, did you think it was necessary to have music playing during the ceremony.  Or was just a processional and recessional enough?

            We had music for when guests were arriving/sitting. Then groom /groomsmen entrance, bridesmaids, bride, signing of the registry and the recessional. Personally I would not want music playing while you speak, and your guests are there to listen to you and your vows, not background music. Plus, depending on the minister/officiant they may not even allow music during the actual ceremony. As for tipping. This is so hard, it is at the end of the day a personal choice. Technically you are not obliged to tip anyone, but if someone is doing a good job it is nice to reward them. There is no right or wrong amount. Personally my husband and I would plan for about $20-25/day for tips. This was spread between the maids, bartenders, and wait staff through out the day. But again some people will tip more, some less. Depending on the day and service I am sure we were also up and down...so that's just my estimate. ***But if you do plan on tipping, try to bring lots of small bills with you. It makes it easier to leave a few bucks here and there. And it is often difficult to exchange a large bill for smaller bills.

            Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

             

            Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

             

            Official Azul Sensatori thread:

            http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

             

            Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

            http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/


            #3868 mstigger

            mstigger
            • Jr. Member
            • 239 posts

              Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:45 AM

              Ditto for us on basically everything. Our officiant did a good bit of talking herself, so music really would not have worked during the ceremony.

              Our tipping was all over the place - we did tip some individuals as much as $20, but let me just say that these were people who went above and beyond for us. We had 2 fantastic shuttle drivers, they picked us up every morning for our excursions and I mean came in early and came to our door to get us. Now meals, etc was $1 or 2 or $5 if they were really good. Every day it just depended on what we did etc.

              Now I didn't know if you tip the wedding coordinators or not, but there was an army of them and I figure they get to split the $100 set up fee I paid since it had to be in cash and I never had another opportunity to tip them, so I didn't. Not sure if that's good, bad or what but it's just how it worked out. They did a fabulous job though, no doubt about it!!

              Hope this helps a little!!

              Originally Posted by murmel 


              We had music for when guests were arriving/sitting. Then groom /groomsmen entrance, bridesmaids, bride, signing of the registry and the recessional. Personally I would not want music playing while you speak, and your guests are there to listen to you and your vows, not background music. Plus, depending on the minister/officiant they may not even allow music during the actual ceremony.

              As for tipping. This is so hard, it is at the end of the day a personal choice. Technically you are not obliged to tip anyone, but if someone is doing a good job it is nice to reward them. There is no right or wrong amount. Personally my husband and I would plan for about $20-25/day for tips. This was spread between the maids, bartenders, and wait staff through out the day. But again some people will tip more, some less. Depending on the day and service I am sure we were also up and down...so that's just my estimate.
              ***But if you do plan on tipping, try to bring lots of small bills with you. It makes it easier to leave a few bucks here and there. And it is often difficult to exchange a large bill for smaller bills.


              #3869 jnitschke

              jnitschke
              • Jr. Member
              • 251 posts

                Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:55 AM

                Wha

                When we were there, one of the men was wearing sandals with his dress pants, and he was turned away.  We also saw others being told the same thing.  He borrowed closed-toe sandals from my husband and had no problem being admitted to the restaurant.  

                what about wearing sneakers to dinner? My FI is wearing converse for the wedding, could he wear those into dinner?

                #3870 murmel

                murmel
                • Resort/Area Ambassadors
                • 1,407 posts
                • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
                • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

                Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:47 PM

                Wha what about wearing sneakers to dinner? My FI is wearing converse for the wedding, could he wear those into dinner?

                I would think it would be fine. The only thing they may say no to is flip flops. But I have seen guys with nice leather sandals at dinner too.

                Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

                 

                Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

                 

                Official Azul Sensatori thread:

                http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

                 

                Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

                http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/





                0 user(s) are reading this topic

                0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users