Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
4882 replies to this topic

#3071 nbateman

nbateman
  • 280 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by AllieH 

I think we took about $500 down in cash, but I only took about $250 with me to my meeting with the onsite WC - that's all I wanted to pay, and I figured it was a good bargaining place if they quoted higher. I'm sly like that...

good call! I'd do the same thing!

#3072 jnitschke

jnitschke
    • 251 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by AllieH 

I think we took about $500 down in cash, but I only took about $250 with me to my meeting with the onsite WC - that's all I wanted to pay, and I figured it was a good bargaining place if they quoted higher. I'm sly like that...

Wait? you have to pay in cash on site?  That doesn't seem right... and might put a bit of kink in things... hmmm...

#3073 AllieH

AllieH
      • Resort/Area Ambassadors
      • 2,014 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
      • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
      • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:46 AM

just for the set up fee! I think they would have taken a credit card if needed, but I'd heard they prefer cash (obviously..who doesn't...). Plus you don't have any transaction fees on your credit cards from international purchases, or exchange fees/rates.

you'll pay for everything else on the wedding spreadsheet ahead of your arrival. unless you have adjustments to it last minute like we did. the spreadsheet had the wrong entree choice for us, and I didn't realize it until we got onsite. there was a price difference between what I had paid (spreadsheet) and the choice we wanted. no problem, they did the adjustment, then we paid them for the difference (in cash, it was easier).

Originally Posted by jnitschke 

Wait? you have to pay in cash on site?  That doesn't seem right... and might put a bit of kink in things... hmmm...

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#3074 Maybeachbride

Maybeachbride
      • 186 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by erin 1 

I am so enjoying reading all of your posts, but I am SO OVERWHELMED with all of the planning that I still need to do.  food (private event or not), sashes, table runners, table decor, photography, flowers, etc.  OY!  where to start??   I just paid our airfare and am starting to pay for our room - and that's all I've done so far.  LOL.. I don't even know how many people will be joining us, as nobody else has booked with our TA yet.   I guess I need to get an approx headcount before planning much?   I'm nervous!!  I want to keep things as simple as possible.  the thought of lugging a bunch of things down to mexico has me tired just thinking about it.   what's the simplest, yet nicest set up anyone else has done?  like maybe just some lights, and lanterns?   I'll probably have a look at some of the websites you guys linked, so that I can get some ideas.  I am so BAD at this planning stuff.  ;-)

Hey Erin,
        I am getting married the day after you! Let me know if you want to share any decorations or anything! Have you decided on a location for the ceremony? I am doing the Presidential Gazebo at 6pm and a private reception at Tucanes from 7-11. That is about all I have decided on. I was thinking about the BBQ dinner for the reception but like you I am not sure how many people are coming yet and there is a minimum of 30. I was very overwhelmed at first too! This site is really helpful with ideas and hints. I think I am doing fuchsia with maybe an orange accent for colors. You can PM if you want!

#3075 murmel

murmel
        • 1,407 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
        • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by jnitschke 

Like Allie said above...it's only for the set up fee. And the reason is that the WC pay the staff with the cash to do the extra decorating. So it's a small bonus to all the staff who are setting up the chairs, tables, gazebo, etc. and then your extra decorations.

And Allie....love the sly-ness of only bringing a maximum $250! Great idea.

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/

#3076 AllieH

AllieH
        • 2,014 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
        • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
        • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:34 AM

it's the same strategy I use when we go to flea markets or garage sales!  Only have what you're willing to pay in cash set aside, then it's an easy negotiation tactic. "Oh, that item is $15? I only have $10. will you take $10?" 

nevermind that I have $50 tucked away elsewhere..

And Allie....love the sly-ness of only bringing a maximum $250! Great idea.

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#3077 TheWolferts

TheWolferts
        • 458 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:56 AM

I requested to pay all of my set up fees up front when our final payment was due and they allowed me to do that without any pushback.

#3078 weddingwoman

weddingwoman
          • 1 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:26 AM

Here is a great company that does destination wedding invites, including passports and tropical themed ensembles. Custom work is also an option as most of their samples are custom. Take a look:

www.simplystationery.ca

www.facebook.com/simplystationeryinvitations

They're up in Canada but can do mail orders. I live in Florida and was even able to rush my order and they turned it around for me within 2 weeks!!! Good luck ladies!!

#3079 LKocelko

LKocelko
            • 350 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Maybeachbride 

Hey Erin,
              I am getting married the day after you! Let me know if you want to share any decorations or anything! Have you decided on a location for the ceremony? I am doing the Presidential Gazebo at 6pm and a private reception at Tucanes from 7-11. That is about all I have decided on. I was thinking about the BBQ dinner for the reception but like you I am not sure how many people are coming yet and there is a minimum of 30. I was very overwhelmed at first too! This site is really helpful with ideas and hints. I think I am doing fuchsia with maybe an orange accent for colors. You can PM if you want!

Hey, I'm doing the presidential gazebo the week before you! I just ordered sheers for our gazebo, the colors are silver and eggplant. If that's too dark for your fuschia thing I understand, but if you'd be interested let me know, maybe I can leave them behind! Feel free to message me :)

#3080 nbateman

nbateman
              • 280 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:46 AM

For you brides that have already been married in EDR, what time was your appointment the day you got there to meet with the WC? That may affect our flight time unless they are generally flexible?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users