Jump to content

Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
4882 replies to this topic

#2191 LBruton2012

LBruton2012
  • Newbie
  • 3 posts

    Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:30 PM

    I have really enjoyed reading everyone's posts and looking at everyones pictures!  I leave in 7 days and CANNOT wait!



    #2192 mrendic

    mrendic
    • Site Supporter
    • 48 posts

      Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:16 PM

      Originally Posted by LBruton2012 

      I have really enjoyed reading everyone's posts and looking at everyones pictures!  I leave in 7 days and CANNOT wait!

       

       

      You're getting married 2 days before me!! Woo



      #2193 mrendic

      mrendic
      • Site Supporter
      • 48 posts

        Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:23 PM

        Hey ladies. Did anyone do any excursions/ plans to do any in Mexico? Any suggestions? 



        #2194 ElDorado2012

        ElDorado2012
        • Newbie
        • 131 posts

          Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:25 AM

          For any brides who have had or who will be having their reception at the Tucanes Pool/Bar, where will you and your bridal party wait to be introduced at the beginning of your reception? I feel a little nervous about not having this figured out ahead of time. Is this just something we are supposed to scope out once we are there? Or, will the day-of wedding attendant tell us where to go? How will the DJ know when we are ready to be introduced? Any advice/feedback would be helpful. Thank you!
           



          #2195 ElDorado2012

          ElDorado2012
          • Newbie
          • 131 posts

            Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:30 AM

            Really, brides from any location could chime in on this one... I didn't mean from just Tucanes :)

            Originally Posted by ElDorado2012 

            For any brides who have had or who will be having their reception at the Tucanes Pool/Bar, where will you and your bridal party wait to be introduced at the beginning of your reception? I feel a little nervous about not having this figured out ahead of time. Is this just something we are supposed to scope out once we are there? Or, will the day-of wedding attendant tell us where to go? How will the DJ know when we are ready to be introduced? Any advice/feedback would be helpful. Thank you!
             



            #2196 ElDorado2012

            ElDorado2012
            • Newbie
            • 131 posts

              Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:34 AM

              Another question... I'm working on a list of things to talk about with our on-site wedding coordinator during our meeting, and I'm curious if there are any questions/topics any previous brides might have thought they missed that would be good for me to bring up at the meeting? Or, perhaps for any of you ladies that are headed there soon, do you have anything you thought of as super important to talk to the coordinator about?? Thank you!!



              #2197 LBruton2012

              LBruton2012
              • Newbie
              • 3 posts

                Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:29 AM

                I saw that!!! Congrats to you! 



                #2198 murmel

                murmel
                • Resort/Area Ambassadors
                • 1,407 posts
                • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
                • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

                Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:31 PM

                Originally Posted by mrendic 

                Hey ladies. Did anyone do any excursions/ plans to do any in Mexico? Any suggestions? 

                 There are so many things to do. If this is your first time to Mexico you should try and get out for at least one excursion. There are a lot of tour operators who have a large office just outside the main lobby that will be able to help you with booking if you want to do it there.

                Some things to do:

                -Xcaret: a nature park with underground rivers/caves that you snorkel through. A beautiful lagoon at the end with tons of fish. Night time they offer a traditional Mayan ceremony with fire/acrobats/etc. They have a swim with the dolphins area (extra $)

                -Xel-Ha: another nature park, with a larger lagoon to snorkel in. Also there is a small 'train' that runs up to a natural spring river (much cooler, clear water) which you can ride down on an inner tube. Very relaxing. They also have a swim with the dolphin area (extra $)

                - Party and shop in Cancun or Playa del Carmen: both cities have wild night clubs and great markets you can wander around in

                - Ruins at Tulum: at the bottom of the 'Mayan Riveria', about an hour drive south are the Mayan ruins of Tulum. They sit right on the ocean and are very pretty. All the ruins are roped off, so you can't actually climb or touch them. Take a swimsuit, one of the most beautiful beaches is located there! Also there is a wonderful market for Mexican souvenirs, crafts and lunch.

                - Ruins at Coba: these ruins are situated about 30 minutes inland from Tulum. They are in the middle of the jungle and some of the ruins you can still climb on. Also Mayan ruins.

                - Ruins at Chichen Itza: if you're really into history, these ruins are amazing! However it is about a 2 1/2 hour drive each way. This is an Aztec ruin, a very large site.

                -Xplor: an adventure park. You can do zip-lining, underground rafting, drive an atv.

                -Cancun underwater museum: (I have not visited here yet) It is a snorkelling/dive park, where they have sunk a number of statues and other things of interest. I have been told it tells the history of the Mexican people through over 400 statues.

                -Deep sea fishing: most of the tour companies will be able to arrange this for you. They take you out and usually are trying to find you a marlin. (just note if you pull the marlin into the boat you are required under Mexican law to have the fish mounted. Very expensive. Otherwise you just cut the line and it swims off) Most of the boats will also offer to cook up your catch for lunch!

                -ATV and Jeep tours: there are numerous companies that offer this. Lots of fun driving through jungle roads.

                Sunset boat tours or party boat tours: again numerous companies offer this. (don't forget your sunscreen for the party boat...no shade!)


                Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

                 

                Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

                 

                Official Azul Sensatori thread:

                http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

                 

                Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

                http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/


                #2199 murmel

                murmel
                • Resort/Area Ambassadors
                • 1,407 posts
                • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
                • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

                Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:34 PM

                LOL! Ran out of room above.

                 

                Anyway, try to get out at least once. The Mexican people and the area are simply beautiful. We have used a number of tour companies over the years, but I can vouch for Sunwing, Transat, Lomas being good.(ie. arrange transport, being on time, and having a representative at the hotel)

                 

                If you have any other questions, just ask. I have been down to the Mayan area over twenty times, and we have down most of the parks at least once.

                 

                Have fun!


                Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

                 

                Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

                 

                Official Azul Sensatori thread:

                http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

                 

                Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

                http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/


                #2200 AllieH

                AllieH
                • Resort/Area Ambassadors
                • 2,014 posts
                • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
                • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
                • LocationAtlanta, GA

                Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:56 PM

                you rock Melissa! thank you for all the good info!

                Originally Posted by murmel 

                LOL! Ran out of room above.

                 

                Anyway, try to get out at least once. The Mexican people and the area are simply beautiful. We have used a number of tour companies over the years, but I can vouch for Sunwing, Transat, Lomas being good.(ie. arrange transport, being on time, and having a representative at the hotel)

                 

                If you have any other questions, just ask. I have been down to the Mayan area over twenty times, and we have down most of the parks at least once.

                 

                Have fun!

                 


                 

                Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

                Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

                El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

                AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome





                0 user(s) are reading this topic

                0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users