Jump to content
jfwolfe72

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

Recommended Posts

Gazebo 55 is perfect...the back drop is absolutely gorgeous. There are rocks behind it and when the waves are big enough it makes a beautiful splash behind the gazebo. Tucanes is definitely the way to go for the reception. Everything was beautiful, we rented the sound system for $250 and brought my iPod and one of the staff played our music all night. We danced for hours then everyone ended up jumping in the pool. All of our guests told us is was the best reception they had ever been to. Will post pics as I get them. Also, instead of buying flowers for the reception, we had glass cylinders on the tables for the bridesmaids bouquets and we had the flowers we had made for the gazebo placed on the table also. Everything came together beautifully. 400

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks so much, I am going to order mine right now!!!

 

Originally Posted by LKocelko View Post

In case anyone was ordering runners, sashes, covers, etc., the website I ordered from has a 20% off sale right now. Every little bit counts!

 

www.tableclothsfactory.com

 

Hopefully someone can take advantage!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YAY Shannon!!! I'm so glad everything has gone wonderful for you. Enjoy the rest of your stay there. Oh, and if you go to La Isla for dinner, ask for a Coochie Coochie drink cheers.gif that was the only bar who knew how to make it, and it was DELISH (despite the hokey name).

Originally Posted by Shannon Burgess View Post

Allie is right on with the rooms...in the regular rooms we had 517 and it was perfect. 2nd floor with a great view of the ocean. The candlelight dinners are on the beach there every night and everything is lit up so pretty. I think building 5 is ideal because its right beside the main heated pool where we spent most of our time while everyone was here.
We are in Casita number 2922 and it is a swim up. No complaints. It's literally right across from the Casita Spa which was very convenient on our wedding day. The swim ups in the casitas are heated whereas the regular swim ups aren't.

 

Originally Posted by Shannon Burgess View Post

Gazebo 55 is perfect...the back drop is absolutely gorgeous. There are rocks behind it and when the waves are big enough it makes a beautiful splash behind the gazebo. Tucanes is definitely the way to go for the reception. Everything was beautiful, we rented the sound system for $250 and brought my iPod and one of the staff played our music all night. We danced for hours then everyone ended up jumping in the pool. All of our guests told us is was the best reception they had ever been to. Will post pics as I get them. Also, instead of buying flowers for the reception, we had glass cylinders on the tables for the bridesmaids bouquets and we had the flowers we had made for the gazebo placed on the table also. Everything came together beautifully.
400

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So happy to hear that everything was perfect!!! I can't wait to see the other pics!!

Congratulations!!

Originally Posted by Shannon Burgess View Post

Gazebo 55 is perfect...the back drop is absolutely gorgeous. There are rocks behind it and when the waves are big enough it makes a beautiful splash behind the gazebo. Tucanes is definitely the way to go for the reception. Everything was beautiful, we rented the sound system for $250 and brought my iPod and one of the staff played our music all night. We danced for hours then everyone ended up jumping in the pool. All of our guests told us is was the best reception they had ever been to. Will post pics as I get them. Also, instead of buying flowers for the reception, we had glass cylinders on the tables for the bridesmaids bouquets and we had the flowers we had made for the gazebo placed on the table also. Everything came together beautifully.
400

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG, I have to know what is in a Coochie Coochie drink eek.gif I love the name!!

Originally Posted by AllieH View Post

YAY Shannon!!! I'm so glad everything has gone wonderful for you. Enjoy the rest of your stay there. Oh, and if you go to La Isla for dinner, ask for a Coochie Coochie drink cheers.gif that was the only bar who knew how to make it, and it was DELISH (despite the hokey name).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We planned a "Black and White Party" where we invited all of our guests to meet at the martini bar after dinner on their arrival day. We requested everyone where black and white, no color, so we had the feel that we were a group at a non-private location. I thought it worked out great! People liked the idea of the party, we had custom cocktail napkins made for the party and the bartenders used them for our group. Word of advise, make sure that you let Valeria know that you are planning something like this (if you chose to) and she can let the hotel know that they might need additional bartenders on hand to handle the large group. We were not able to have food at the informal gathering, but everyone had just come from dinner so it wasnt a problem. We all went to see the show andn the main bar after the B&W party and it was a lot of fun!

Originally Posted by riz157 View Post

So now that I'm getting all the costs in from Valeria I may have to cut our private Welcome cocktail reception.  Have any other brides just had your group meet up at one of the bars to give out the OOT bags and have an informal meet and greet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't remember all of it - peach liquor and champagne were two of the ingredients. it was yummy and light. the waiters were so tickled with themselves for bringing it to me.

 

I will say that EDR has unique names for drinks - Sh*t on the grass was a popular one, and donkey sperm too. I know, I know, I'm so sorry if any of you gals are offended by those names. But it's for real - I cannot make those up!!! and yes, despite the disgusting names, they were yummy drinks.

 

beware the diablo though...that sucker will punch you in the gut!

 

Originally Posted by mstigger View Post

OMG, I have to know what is in a Coochie Coochie drink eek.gif I love the name!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  Shannon, is there anything in particular that made your night so much fun?  Anything other than the typical I should be thinking to include?

Originally Posted by Shannon Burgess View Post

Gazebo 55 is perfect...the back drop is absolutely gorgeous. There are rocks behind it and when the waves are big enough it makes a beautiful splash behind the gazebo. Tucanes is definitely the way to go for the reception. Everything was beautiful, we rented the sound system for $250 and brought my iPod and one of the staff played our music all night. We danced for hours then everyone ended up jumping in the pool. All of our guests told us is was the best reception they had ever been to. Will post pics as I get them. Also, instead of buying flowers for the reception, we had glass cylinders on the tables for the bridesmaids bouquets and we had the flowers we had made for the gazebo placed on the table also. Everything came together beautifully.
400

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×