Jump to content
jfwolfe72

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

Recommended Posts

Hi Allie, I promise not to inconvenience you or your guests! Actually you are correct that it could be a large plus to have your TA on site.. she will be right there to assist you in dealing with any issues that might arise.. what a plus! Also I believe the group of us TAs will be off site quite a bit doing some site inspections and other things, so hopefully no bridezilla will be necessary! Congratulations on your wedding!
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone! Just put down a deposit to save the date for our wedding, May 11th 2013 at 3:30 PM. We haven't gotten a WC or anything like that yet, but this forum has so much helpful tips and information! It's great that everyone is so willing to help and provider insider information. At this point I'm a little overwhelmed, I feel like there's so many decisions to make! We went with a DW since my fiance and I will be primarily paying for it ourselves, so this seemed the most economical. Including ourselves, we aren't expecting more than 25 people to come. Of those people it will only be parents/siblings (+ their significant others) and each of our best friends. Because of that we aren't having a huge, typical "reception" and weren't going to hire a DJ or anything - probably just go the iPod route. We had originally just planned on using the package deal and have our reception at one of the restaurants, but based on everyone's posts I'm starting to rethink that. Anyone have a similar size wedding, and have any recommendations as to if it's worth it to go private? It's kind of hard to swallow paying for that, since we will be at an AI, but if it's that much better to do private I'd be willing to pay. I think this is the big decision we are trying to make right now.

 

We hadn't wanted to do the 7 night casita stay ($$) in order to get the free package, but now I'm also rethinking that. Is it worth it to pay extra for that, and just do the few add-ons to the free package? We weren't planning on doing tons of flowers or decor, and think the beauty of the beach will be enough. If anything, we'll just bring some ribbons, shells, etc. from home to decorate both the ceremony and reception. I do know we'll want to have a bouquet for me and my MOH, and a boutinnere for my FI and his BM. Sorry for the novel! Hopefully once the ball starts rolling things will become more clear. We're just really worried of little expenses adding up quickly. Thanks everyone!

 

P.S. Anyone been down in May? We're wondering how the weather will be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry Wendy - it certainly isn't aimed at you personally by ANY means.

Originally Posted by TA Wendy View Post

Hi Allie, I promise not to inconvenience you or your guests! Actually you are correct that it could be a large plus to have your TA on site.. she will be right there to assist you in dealing with any issues that might arise.. what a plus! Also I believe the group of us TAs will be off site quite a bit doing some site inspections and other things, so hopefully no bridezilla will be necessary! Congratulations on your wedding!
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YAY Congratulations!!! I so remember being right where you are now. You will get a WC assigned -probably Natalia or Valeria, as they seem to do most of the WC for EDR.

 

I think a private dinner/reception is the way to go. Instead of looking at it like you're paying for food at an AI, look at it like you're paying for the wait staff, bartenders and a private space for that 4 hour period. Most of the meal options are fairly inexpensive (especially when compared to what similar service would cost at a reception in the US). You won't be able to have an iPod with dancing without some sort of private event (cocktail or dinner/reception).

 

When we were choosing the packages, we looked at all the "buy up" package inclusions, and decided we didn't really want most of those things. For us, it made more sense to spend the $$ on our room (Casita) vs. decorations and stuff for the wedding that we really didn't want to begin with. So we are doing the Free Sweet wedding package, with just a few add ons.

 

You are correct though, the little add ons start adding up quickly! Have you looked at Lomas' Wedding site with the choices for the add ons, packages, and banquet kit?

Originally Posted by LKocelko View Post

Hi everyone! Just put down a deposit to save the date for our wedding, May 11th 2013 at 3:30 PM. We haven't gotten a WC or anything like that yet, but this forum has so much helpful tips and information! It's great that everyone is so willing to help and provider insider information. At this point I'm a little overwhelmed, I feel like there's so many decisions to make! We went with a DW since my fiance and I will be primarily paying for it ourselves, so this seemed the most economical. Including ourselves, we aren't expecting more than 25 people to come. Of those people it will only be parents/siblings (+ their significant others) and each of our best friends. Because of that we aren't having a huge, typical "reception" and weren't going to hire a DJ or anything - probably just go the iPod route. We had originally just planned on using the package deal and have our reception at one of the restaurants, but based on everyone's posts I'm starting to rethink that. Anyone have a similar size wedding, and have any recommendations as to if it's worth it to go private? It's kind of hard to swallow paying for that, since we will be at an AI, but if it's that much better to do private I'd be willing to pay. I think this is the big decision we are trying to make right now.

 

We hadn't wanted to do the 7 night casita stay ($$) in order to get the free package, but now I'm also rethinking that. Is it worth it to pay extra for that, and just do the few add-ons to the free package? We weren't planning on doing tons of flowers or decor, and think the beauty of the beach will be enough. If anything, we'll just bring some ribbons, shells, etc. from home to decorate both the ceremony and reception. I do know we'll want to have a bouquet for me and my MOH, and a boutinnere for my FI and his BM. Sorry for the novel! Hopefully once the ball starts rolling things will become more clear. We're just really worried of little expenses adding up quickly. Thanks everyone!

 

P.S. Anyone been down in May? We're wondering how the weather will be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Girls...I am having a private reception at Tucanes and I don't want to spend $1500 on a DJ so I thought about just bringing a device to play my ipod,,,Those of you that have done this or are planning on doing the same thing, what kind of ipod connector did you use or plan on using?? I don't want to spend over $150 for the device but I want it to be pretty loud and not sound "cheap". Any suggestions?? 

 

Thanks!!

Shannon 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was going to rent the amplifier/microphone from Lomas for $250. I've heard other brides have used a BOSE system with good results, but that's about the same price as renting one, plus you then get to take it down there and bring it back. We had the same concerns with a system though - needed to be loud enough to be a real party in that particular space (not just background music).

 

 

Originally Posted by Shannon Burgess View Post

Hi Girls...I am having a private reception at Tucanes and I don't want to spend $1500 on a DJ so I thought about just bringing a device to play my ipod,,,Those of you that have done this or are planning on doing the same thing, what kind of ipod connector did you use or plan on using?? I don't want to spend over $150 for the device but I want it to be pretty loud and not sound "cheap". Any suggestions?? 

 

Thanks!!

Shannon 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Allie-

we did the same thing it well work really great for you guys, plus it was less expensive.

 

Shannon- I really do suggest this if you do not want to spend much on a DJ, it does not sound  cheap either. Happy Planning!!!

Originally Posted by AllieH View Post

I was going to rent the amplifier/microphone from Lomas for $250. I've heard other brides have used a BOSE system with good results, but that's about the same price as renting one, plus you then get to take it down there and bring it back. We had the same concerns with a system though - needed to be loud enough to be a real party in that particular space (not just background music).

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No troubles, Allie, no offense taken.. I know every bride would love to have her resort all to herself and no one wants their thunder stolen! But I think a group of TAs is a pretty safe group to have around! Not only because your own agent will be there, and because as a group, TAs are very sensitive that our clients and guests have a great experience on their trip,  but also a lot of us are fogies and head off to bed at 11pm, and you will have the place to yourself! : )

Really though, could be much worse... one of my groups at another property had the entire hotel bought out during their wedding stay by a south american soccer team! Talk about intrusions! Needless to say my bride and groom and their wedding guests have been moved to another property in the chain with a considerable upgrade for their troubles! So hopefully you wont even know we are there! Cross your fingers for the weather!!!
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks for that reassurance Wendy! it's very kind of you to say that and reassure me.

 

and I'll be in bed at 11pm myself...lol my TA already teases me because of how early I crash when we all travel together...

 

Originally Posted by TA Wendy View Post

No troubles, Allie, no offense taken.. I know every bride would love to have her resort all to herself and no one wants their thunder stolen! But I think a group of TAs is a pretty safe group to have around! Not only because your own agent will be there, and because as a group, TAs are very sensitive that our clients and guests have a great experience on their trip,  but also a lot of us are fogies and head off to bed at 11pm, and you will have the place to yourself! : )

Really though, could be much worse... one of my groups at another property had the entire hotel bought out during their wedding stay by a south american soccer team! Talk about intrusions! Needless to say my bride and groom and their wedding guests have been moved to another property in the chain with a considerable upgrade for their troubles! So hopefully you wont even know we are there! Cross your fingers for the weather!!!
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't yet, but I definitely will now! We're going to go really minimal on decor I think. Probably go to a craft store and buy our own ribbons for chairs, instead of spending like $5/chair. Then just some small centerpieces, maybe something with shells or something. I haven't gotten that far :)
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hello all!! I'm planning to get married next week. I'm working in an MNC and I'm gonna marry my colleague who is in my company. It's been ten months since we have started our relationship. He used to support in all my difficulties and used to help me in my work. Always he used to tell me about my smile. He says that I have a very good smile and he loves it. Recently I lost my front tooth after an accident and it resulted in a bad look for me. He told me that I lost my beautiful smile. I was totally disappointed and thought of finding a solution. I heard about dental dentures and took an appointment at a clinic in Scarborough. Will dentures affect my speech? What was your experience of getting dentures? 
    • Go for the third one. It is gorgeous and you will look stunning in that. I'm sure you will be noticed by other people. Go for it.
    • I would suggest the long one. You will look stunning in that. It is simple and elegant.
    • Both the gown are awesome and I'm sure you will look gorgeous in both. But I would suggest the first one. Go for it and Congratulations for your marriage.
    • Hello everyone,  I am still engaged, still not planning the big day, because we haven't chosen a date + we have some family stiff to do so I hope that this forum will help me a lot before the real craziness during the wedding planning period. Happy to be here
  • Topics

×