Jump to content
jfwolfe72

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

Recommended Posts

You could pack them with your smaller items like t-shirts, socks, undies and such - then you aren't "wasting" packing space with bubble wrap. 

 

I'm thrilled that you found an interpreter, and even better that there is no charge! 

 

Are you doing a DJ, or just an iPod? if you're spending the $$ for a DJ, I'd really consider moving it earlier so there's no conflict. If it's an iPod, then I'd ask more questions about what type of music will be played at the club, and if you're good with it, just let it roll. 

 

My FI FINALLY got his suit this evening. he tried on a couple of linen suits, and they just looked sloppy on him, so we went with a more traditional summer weight suit. AND he got a grey one, which is what I wanted all along. So I'm a happy bride, and he's happy because I'm happy lol he was a little pissy with me for wanting to go shopping with him since I haven't let him see my dress. Silly groom....

 

 

Originally Posted by Jillsepher View Post

Thanks Allie! Im trying to figure out how I'll pack the four I have. Hello bubble wrap! If you really wanted them I wonder if you could order them online. I was going to tell you I found an interpreter and (SURPRISINGLY!) I won't get charged by the hotel for this as long as the interpreter leaves right after photos. Yay! One more thing off the list.
I just got an email from Natalia warning me that my reception site (chapel terrace) is right by the swing bar and that the music might overpower my music for the last 30 min of the reception. Do you guys think this will be a big deal? She offered to move up my wedding to 3:30 but that seems so early!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are just doing the iPod. If I push up the wedding time I have to start all new paperwork with the interpreter company. Ugh!I wonder what type of music they play. That's a good question!

 

So awesome your FI found a suit! I'm still trying to get my FI to go shopping for that. Between that and getting him to agree to the boutonniere is like pulling teeth. Where did you guys go for the suits?

Originally Posted by AllieH View Post

You could pack them with your smaller items like t-shirts, socks, undies and such - then you aren't "wasting" packing space with bubble wrap. 

 

I'm thrilled that you found an interpreter, and even better that there is no charge! 

 

Are you doing a DJ, or just an iPod? if you're spending the $$ for a DJ, I'd really consider moving it earlier so there's no conflict. If it's an iPod, then I'd ask more questions about what type of music will be played at the club, and if you're good with it, just let it roll. 

 

My FI FINALLY got his suit this evening. he tried on a couple of linen suits, and they just looked sloppy on him, so we went with a more traditional summer weight suit. AND he got a grey one, which is what I wanted all along. So I'm a happy bride, and he's happy because I'm happy lol he was a little pissy with me for wanting to go shopping with him since I haven't let him see my dress. Silly groom....

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We are just doing the iPod. If I push up the wedding time I have to start all new paperwork with the interpreter company. Ugh!I wonder what type of music they play. That's a good question! So awesome your FI found a suit! I'm still trying to get my FI to go shopping for that. Between that and getting him to agree to the boutonniere is like pulling teeth. Where did you guys go for the suits?
We went to Macy's since they had big sales today. Got a 550 tommy hilfiger suit for 200. Great deal and something he can wear again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We got our suits at a Macys sale too! Kenneth Cole suit originally $600, for $200. All the guys loved them!

Originally Posted by AllieH View Post


We went to Macy's since they had big sales today. Got a 550 tommy hilfiger suit for 200. Great deal and something he can wear again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nikki - these are stunning!!!!

Originally Posted by TheWolferts View Post

Our photographer just posted some of our pics to her website: http://www.andreanigh.com/blog/?p=5289

 

I cannot wait to get prints and frame these!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got a question for you ladies who are now a Mrs.  ... how did you handle gifts?  Did you get a lot mailed to your house, or did people just give you cards?  Did people actually fly gifts down there?  I was thinking about just doing a honeymoon registry instead or a proper registry. How did this all work for you guys?
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by TheWolferts View Post

 

Our photographer just posted some of our pics to her website: http://www.andreanigh.com/blog/?p=5289

 

I cannot wait to get prints and frame these!

 

Oh my god Nikki, these are amazing.. I'm so in love with them that I just sent the link to my student who is going to be shooting our photos... said something like "These are gorgeous, we want to aim for this."... Congrats again, you look so happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL I am not sure if this is typical of DWs or just ours, but we found that most people did not get us gifts, even people that attended the wedding. It actually really surprised us that some of our good friends and/or immediate family did not give gifts.

 

My husband and I make sure that if we get an invitation to someone's wedding, whether we go or not, we get a gift.

 

We invited over 100 people and got maybe 17 gifts. Thank goodness for my showers or we would be needing to buy almost all of our registry!

 

Did any other Mrs. have the same experience?... or was it just us? sad.gif

 

Originally Posted by jnitschke View Post

I've got a question for you ladies who are now a Mrs.  ... how did you handle gifts?  Did you get a lot mailed to your house, or did people just give you cards?  Did people actually fly gifts down there?  I was thinking about just doing a honeymoon registry instead or a proper registry. How did this all work for you guys?
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Very thought provoking article it really helped me set up my strategies regarding. READ MORE : Login to Hotmail, Outlook using a Windows or Mac web browser Launch your web browser and login: Firstly, you need to launch your Windows or Mac web browser. Once you have successfully done so, go to the Hotmail sign in page:  http://hotmailaccount1811.blogspot.com Enter your email address and password: Once you have reached the Outlook sign-in page, you need to enter your Hotmail email address followed by your password then click Next. Congratulations, you have signed in: On the next page, select Sign In. Feel free to explore the services that are available to 
    • OMG these are incredible! Seriously blown away by the thoughtful detail you have put into every aspect of your gifts, your guests are going to be amazed! Props to you for adding so many personal touches and putting in so much time to make these gifts amazing!
    • These bags are amazing!! You are so organized and detailed, I am so impressed! I LOVE the Vistaprint stuff you ordered, the logo is so cute, I love your personalization!
    • I love etsy!! It's a great place to find personalized gifts without such a hefty price tag. I was thinking of getting my bridesmaids personalized necklaces with their names on them. I found these ones that are affordable and you can pick the chain length and different fonts, so you can really make them your own and pick what you know each bridesmaid will want. https://www.etsy.com/listing/595334072/personalized-name-necklace-stainless?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=personalized necklace&ref=sc_gallery-3-9&plkey=a8662525c53ec285c1b46b0f308162d0591edff8:595334072
    • Hi everyone, I am so happy that I am getting married to the love of my life. He proposed me and we are getting married within in a couple of months. And I have started preparations for my big day. I am super excited about a lot of things and also worried about many things.I have some inhibitions about my face and skin. Since I am a working woman, I have never got much time for personal care. This is the right time for it now. I need  proper medical grade skin care. Want to improve my skin tone and texture  I read some details about it here, https://www.mcleanclinic.com/nonsurgical-procedures/non-surgical/skin-care/, and found it really helpful. Can anyone of you suggest me some more tips? Like what I can do at home to have a glow on my face?  Thanks in advance.
  • Topics

×