Gran Caribe Real 2011 Brides

oh awesome!!! I found that we had a great number of guests! it didnt feel like a little bit, but it didnt feel overwhelming.....and it was a good party! def go for the DJ if you can! its def worth it!!

She did use extra chair sashes at the Chapel! and it looked great!! I'm going to try and post some more pics tonight!

Originally Posted by nadennec View Post

Im getting married in November this year. I am probably going to end up with about 30-40 guests, and wanted to know if it was worth it to have the dj for that many people. I have heard all great reviews on him, just didn't want to have a dj for a small amount of people. But it sounds like I'm going to go ahead and get the dj. Also, you had your ceremony in the chapel, right? Did you use the chair sashes in there as well as for the reception?

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great! Looking forward to seeing those pics! I would love to see how the chapel was able to be set up with chair sashes! I am so uncertain about how many to bring, 1. because i don't know my number of guests and 2. because i didn't know if they were used at the chapel as well as the reception. I'll keep an eye out for them. :) Thanks!!

Originally Posted by Bride2B22 View Post

oh awesome!!! I found that we had a great number of guests! it didnt feel like a little bit, but it didnt feel overwhelming.....and it was a good party! def go for the DJ if you can! its def worth it!!

She did use extra chair sashes at the Chapel! and it looked great!! I'm going to try and post some more pics tonight!

Hi everyone,

So we just booked our wedding for June 22, 2012!!  We are getting married at the Chapel and having the cocktail/reception at the Albatros Terrace, the green one. 

We also have Ana Perez for our wedding consultant.  Any comments on her service?

I have some questions regarding booking rooms for guests.  Anyone have any suggestions?  I have always booked our 2-person flight & 4-5 room night stay at around $500 per person via Expedia, but at Gran Melia and the Gran Solis resorts.  I requested rates from Gran Caribe's travel person and the quotes were quite high, not including airline tickets, for $1,000+. 

Any good travel agents y'all can suggest, and times to book?  I'm wondering if I was just lucky the last two times we've been to Cancun for $500pp including airfare and hotel.  We even booked them 3-4 months prior to the trip. 

Also, is the DJ that y'all have been talking about with the resort, or an outside vendor?

Much Thanks!!

Mrsmarbach, We are using Wendy at Wright Travel for our rooms (they are in the vendor section on this site).  Airfare's gone up quite a bit, I know from PHX to CUN its between $500 and $600 for April 2012 right now, so I doubt you can find the rate you are talking about in today's environment.  I'd recommend giving Wendy a call.  She's doing site visits in Cancun right now but will be back next week, or you can talk to one of the other folks there.   We got a better rate on the rooms than I could find through any other online site.  Happy Planning!

Hey, I know what you mean. We are also getting married in November and will probably end up with only about 30-40 guests as well so we're still not sure if getting a DJ is the best idea. Also, our reception will be at 1pm....so I don't know how fun a DJ can make the party when it will still be light out...lol

My last reply was for you nadennec...lol

Great! Looking forward to seeing those pics! I would love to see how the chapel was able to be set up with chair sashes! I am so uncertain about how many to bring, 1. because i don't know my number of guests and 2. because i didn't know if they were used at the chapel as well as the reception. I'll keep an eye out for them. :) Thanks!!

Bride2b22...I loooveee your flowers! The colors and the type of flowers are just gorgeous!!! I originally wanted to do coral but now that my bridesmaids have found dresses they like that come in an orange-like color, I am going to end up using orange as a wedding color instead of coral! So your pictures def give me inspiration! Thank you so much for your review and sharing your lovely pictures!!

LOL! I figured as much! What is your wedding date, and where are you getting married?

My reception is at 7, i am pretty sure it is dark by then, so i could do it. But i guess i'm just concerned if it'll be too much for that many people...

Originally Posted by Vanessa C View Post

My last reply was for you nadennec...lol

11/11/11  the ceremony is at the chapel and the reception is on the Villas Terrace

LOL! I figured as much! What is your wedding date, and where are you getting married?

My reception is at 7, i am pretty sure it is dark by then, so i could do it. But i guess i'm just concerned if it'll be too much for that many people...